Venue address:
Westmont , Illinois
100 plaza drive
USA
Event Start: October 1st - 10:00am
Event End: October 1st - 1:00pm

Arrival time: 9:00am
Event Website: Theapraxiaconnextion.org
Secure changing/staging area: Yes - We changed in the restroom last year. A parking lot change may be easier.

Comments: It's a walk to raise money for both the local (the apraxia connection) and national (CASANA) organizations who support children and families dealing with childhood apraxia of speech. CAS is a neurological motor planning disorder that makes it hard for kids to talk and sometimes affects motor planning of the entire body. This walk helps raise funds for grants for kids to receive therapy, education, and overall support. The walk is a family friendly day for these kids who spend hours in therapy a week to be celebrated.

This is an anniversary for me. This will mark one year in the 501st for me and this was my first event last year. This is a great event for a great and little known cause. Therapy for apraxia can be very expensive and this event helps raise money for those who need help paying for it.

Troopers:
Jeffrey Lee - Stormtrooper - TK 13132

Hours Trooped: 3

Event Raised: $67,000

Ana Utini donated two framed star wars posters for their silent auction that brought in $200. Not sure if that counts as direct money raised or not.
Jeff
TK 13132

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: 10/01/16 SAT - Walk for Kids w/ Apraxia of Speech - West

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job! :thumbs: