The Other Other Serious Guy

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 3166

Metropolis IL

Post by River »

WOW Fat Momma is gonna be there! that would be so awesome meeting her!

but MAN!! Metropolis IS far!! :shock: 6.5 hours for me! basically travelling the entire span of IL, The Looooong way!

well if you guys do go, make sure you take images:)

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

I don't even know WHO this "Fat Momma " is ! But her Photo scares the Living CRAP outta me ! :shock: :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

LOL, thats an awsome pic! I wish the make-up wouldn't of ran, and it would of stayed on my eye lids now!

Ya, Metropolis is about two hours or so from me, and Wizard Con is like about 5 hours away. :shock: They seriously need to cut the state in half, theres realy now quick way to get to Chicago.

I think Fat Momma was on that superhero Scifichannel thing, right? That was scary in itself, LOL.

I checked locations, and it look like all the Imax theaters are North of Joliet or even Aurora. The imax in St Louis only plays Science shows, so that count it out, as well as Evansville, because they aren't playing it. Friggen' IMAX. :evil:

EDIT - Oh, forgot! Thanks for the offer River! :)
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Offer

Post by River »

Hey Jodo,

no problem, N Joliet and Aurora are both somewhat close to me, i'll say 45 minutes. so if you wanted to do that, let me know in advanced. I may be busy the weekend of the 10th and obviously the 30th.

As for Fat Momma, she was the runner up to the first season of "Who Wants to Be A Superhero!" she was really great and had a real connection with kids. Although Feedback won the competition, she had true character through and through. She has a big heart, so for me it would be cool to meet her! ( and feedback too!)

anyway, End of Jan? hmm, i have an armor party on 1/31. so If you wanted to do that friday that might be do-able? any thoughts?

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

"Funny, he told me something similar..."

I just wish it wasen't so far up there! :cry:
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Jodo wrote: I think I may buy a rigid high quality mask now, not having one may drive me....crazier.
I'm angry, I need to rant. I found a person called Electric Sixx who sells masks and scars for a decent price. It was between his mask and another, but I decided on his mask, because not only was it cheaper, it was actualy way more accurate than any other. I contacted him to see if I could send a money order, he said he needed Pay Pal. I don't have PayPal, so I asked my cousin to use his. On the 25th of January, I payed Sixx like $170 through my cousin's PayPal account.

It took Sixx sometime to ship out, but he finaly said it was sent. I never did get the mask. I thought I'd let it go for a could weeks considering he's in Canada. He told me he'd send me a replacement as well as some free scar appliances. Well, here the 22nd of Feburary, he told me he received it back, because he messed up the address, and would send out again, with the scars. I haven't heard from him sence, and now his PM box is full.

So I guess I'm gonna hafe to get my couisn to file a claim against him. :evil: :x I either want the frakkin' mask, or my money back. And sence this has started, the other mask maker has dropped their price to only $100. :oops:

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Jodo wrote:
Jodo wrote: I think I may buy a rigid high quality mask now, not having one may drive me....crazier.
I'm angry, I need to rant. I found a person called Electric Sixx who sells masks and scars for a decent price. It was between his mask and another, but I decided on his mask, because not only was it cheaper, it was actualy way more accurate than any other. I contacted him to see if I could send a money order, he said he needed Pay Pal. I don't have PayPal, so I asked my cousin to use his. On the 25th of January, I payed Sixx like $170 through my cousin's PayPal account.

It took Sixx sometime to ship out, but he finaly said it was sent. I never did get the mask. I thought I'd let it go for a could weeks considering he's in Canada. He told me he'd send me a replacement as well as some free scar appliances. Well, here the 22nd of Feburary, he told me he received it back, because he messed up the address, and would send out again, with the scars. I haven't heard from him sence, and now his PM box is full.

So I guess I'm gonna hafe to get my couisn to file a claim against him. :evil: :x I either want the frakkin' mask, or my money back. And sence this has started, the other mask maker has dropped their price to only $100. :oops:
That's the hazards of ordering stuff on line. I had won some star Wars cake pans on Ebay and the seller sent it to me. She had listed some stuff about the pan on the auction but didn't post it that the box, the plastic cake tips and the vinyl bags smelled to high heaven of cigarette smoke..I could smell it even before I opened the mailer box and I am highly sensitive to cigarette smoke..I tried for 2 weeks to contact the seller and no reply..It was a 3 week process to get my money back through ebay and paypal as the seller never replied to my emails, nor ebays, or even paypals for a response.

Some people out there can be such jerks when it comes to getting a product out to thier customers. :evil:

ShortTRooper (Diana)
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Jodo.....................i went thru something similiar with a Batcape that never shipped . I immediately filed a Paypal claim on the seller . And paypal got to the seller and i got a full refund . But i was on Paypal's ass the whole time . It still took weeks to get it all resolved tho . Sorry to see this happen . Seems this stuff is happening more and more lately unfortunately . :cry:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Sorry to hear that you guys had similar woes. :( The worst part about it is the fact that I've preety much brought this down upon my cousin, and can't realy personaly push it. :? Sixx did ship out, but the package was returned to him, so I don't know how that will work either. :? I wish he'd just send the frakkin' mask. :evil:

Either way...I called my cousin today, and he immediatly went and filed his first non-ebay claim. So we've at least started the process.

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Sadly , even things just coming across the border from Canada can have problems getting here to us in the states . Did he reship it then and give you a tracking number this time ? ANYTHING i have shipped personally i emailed the buyer with a Tracking number to access right after i mailed it out . If he didn't at least give you a tracking number now , i would assume it is still in Limbo ! :wink:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

He didn't give me a tracking number either time. :? So I have no idea if it was shipped out the second time, or realy even the first time. I'm just going by his word that he had one. I personly haven't ever seen the tracking number. For one thing, he told me tracking number from Canada won't track past the Canadian border.....I don't know if thats true or not, I never have checked. Considering how many people hadn't had trouble getting their stuff, I figured it was standard, and I'd have my stuff in a couple days. :(

He said he would send it out last week, so I gave him that long to send out the second time. I don't know if he did or not, and I can continue to send him messages, because his box is full.

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Ahh, got a reply from him today...He still hasn't shipped, and he plans to Monday. I have faith in him, but I have no idea how the PayPal dispute works. I guess he has so long before he gets the money taken out? But I'm thinking he can tell PayPal that he's shipping Monday or something. Either way I was thinking that I'd use the $170 to buy the $100 mask, and use the other $70 on something else. :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I received the mask today, but had to go to the post office to get it. The box was light, and realy small, so I was immediatly worried. I opened it, and the mask was in there, folded up on itself. Its hardly the quality I expected. And deffintly not worth $170. :cry: :x He painted it realy nice, but it's no better than the $12 rubies one I have. Its not rigid at all, and it dosen't keep its shape to save itself. It also has a lot of tiny pin holes due to the casting process. What the frak do I do? :cry: Do I go for a "Not as descibed"? My cousin said it will be hard to get my money back that way, but I don't know what to do. :cry:

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Jodo wrote:I received the mask today, but had to go to the post office to get it. The box was light, and realy small, so I was immediatly worried. I opened it, and the mask was in there, folded up on itself. Its hardly the quality I expected. And deffintly not worth $170. :cry: :x He painted it realy nice, but it's no better than the $12 rubies one I have. Its not rigid at all, and it dosen't keep its shape to save itself. It also has a lot of tiny pin holes due to the casting process. What the frak do I do? :cry: Do I go for a "Not as descibed"? My cousin said it will be hard to get my money back that way, but I don't know what to do. :cry:

Well.....................i would definetly file a Paypal claim right away . That is , IF his listing was misleading . But in the short answer format....I think you just got screwed big time . I would sell it and forever forget about that purchase . Still wait and see if paypal does anything first . But i wouldn't hold my breath . :wink:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

We did file a claim, a few weeks ago, when it looked like he wasn't even going to send the darn thing. So there's actualy one going on already. I emailed him to see if he'd give me a refund and I'd return it no questions asked, but I doubt he will. So I might try and sell it like you said. I'd try to sell it on the RPF, but I'm to new of a member to do so, LOL. :?

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Okay.................So what's new with our Illinois Joker ? Huh ? Huh ? :wink:
Any NEW upgrades ? 8)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Still thinkin' about that Indy Magnoli tie...I'm going wait to find a new coat though. I just don't see any coat that's the perfect coat. They either have something off about them, or they're $800+. :? So I might just wait the market out and see what pops up this halloween.

[scatter brain] How ever...my little POTC collection is coming together this week. Then I think I'm going to look towards getting a mystery helmet for my Jodo. The $170 mask hit me. So if I can sell that, it's what I'll use to buy my Jodo bucket, and buy the very few POTC items I've been wanting. Otherwise, I'll proboly look to buy my Jodo helmet in April or May. :? [/scatter brain]

It's weird, because all the mask buisness made me sorta tired of the Joker. It's hard to explain, but mabey I just need a break from it or somthing. Hence looking towards POTC and BSG these past two weeks. I've got Kast to think about to. Jodo will take $800 to finish, easy. But my POTC collection only needs about $75. And I've not bought stuff like that for a couple years, so I may finish that out soon. I also only need two more pins sets and a few Marine items for BSG, so it should be "done" soon as well. Or when ever they get produced anyway. :P

I want the Joker to be an ongoing thing, and honestly, I'd like to loose some fats, so if I wait long enough, mabey that'll happen. LOL! :lol:

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

So it looks like you have a Full Plate ahead of you now .
Just remember that your Joker [as is right now ] , is already one of the best out there . Gotta get that puppy out and about and show it off soon . That's half the fun of putting these things together !
Upgrades are always an ongoing fact of life tho for serious costumers right ? :lol: :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

If I didn't have a dozen options open to buy stuff, I'd go crazy. :lol: :P

I appreciate the comment though...I wish I could win the lottery, LOL!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Just wanted to update, I sold my mask, and I'm waiting for the monies to clear in the bank. :D Got $150 back from it. So I'm not that sad anymore, lol. However I've got me eye on something...new. And with there being absoulty no new costume peices available for the Joker, it's now at a standstill. :? I don't know if people overall have lost the gigantic intrest new peices required to do or what. But hardly anything new has came up for any peices. :? I wish someone would offer a good coat for like $300 (or cheaper! LOL.), but it seems anything that is anywhere near accurate is like $900. And there's no way there is any peice of clothing worth $900 to me!

So the only thing I realy need to buy is the Magnoli tie. Still. :lol:

But now I've got most of my money back, so it's looking better at being able to buy a few non-Joker things. Or a bigger ticket item. :shock: .

Oh! I also just mentioned getting my shirt sewn to me mum, I got the fabric all looked at again here about a week ago, and I think because the bolt was so big, I may be able to get two shirts from it if we figure out specific ways to cut it. Mabey I could get the money back from it by selling the other! I know I'll need a large, but mabey I could get a small/medium from the rest of it, LOL.