The Other Other Serious Guy

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

The Other Other Serious Guy

Post by Jodo »

I'm gonna call this FINISHED V1.0....Still need suspenders, brown shoes, and I still need to dye my new pants (and mabey gloves.). Vest still needs buttons, and when I get the Kwally material, we'll go to town on it. Need some more green hair paint stuff too. :P -

Also need some make-up sealer junk as well, I didn't relise the black on my eye lids had already "ran". Sorta ruined the other pics. :?
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

8) LOVE IT ! Right on da money !
Where abouts do you live anyway ? BESIDES Gotham ! :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

LOL, thanks. I was going to say the streets of Gotham! :P I live in horrible Southern IL, where theres like less 4 costumers at. :( I'm more than an hour away from St. Louis, and about an hour and 15 mins away from Marion. So I'm preety far down here. :(
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

tk1055
Rebel Legion Member
501st Legion ID: 1055

Post by tk1055 »

Looking good!! I actually like the makeup running a bit. Makes it look more like the interigation part of the movie. I have to ask where did you find the grenade?
"Sir rebels coming in from the north!"
"Good fire toward the south maybe we'll hit 'em."

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! :) Ya, I wanted to do a hybrid of all the make-up applications, each one is diffrent. The only thing I was sorta dissapointed about was the forehead wrinkles. I think more needs to come off. Next time I'll try it diffrent.

I've actualy had that grenade for like 10+ years. I found it and a pineapple grenade at a junk store once for just a couple dollars each, and I've had them, as well as about 10 other military items I got that day sence. I think I bought those two grenades, a canteen, a flashlight, a helmet, a missle carrying tube, a few pouches, and back pack for like $10 or something. I wish I could find some more stuff like that, enspcialy some pouches, lol.

hopeful recruit
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by hopeful recruit »

Lookin' good, bro. Once you get the chance, try to make the trek up here and we can have soem fun :)
"Those who never take risks never know what could have been."

flipdawg
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 1335

Post by flipdawg »

Wow, that looks real good dude!
Anyone seen my speeder? Those Ewoks...

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

:thumbs:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

hopeful recruit wrote:Lookin' good, bro. Once you get the chance, try to make the trek up here and we can have soem fun :)
Thanks guys! :) Hopefully someday I'll be up there, there's like no one down here localy. :cry: I did just recently find like 3 people but they're still an hour or so away. :(

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Post by River »

If your ever coming up our way I'll be more than happy to host and have you guys crash at my crib:) i'm not too far from any of you(s)! Oh and FANTASTIC costume bro! that's amazing work!

TS826
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 826

Post by TS826 »

I too was going to say, if those pics were taken after the make-up started running.. it totally works.

Great job.
Those photos look like they could be Heath Ledger costume test shots.

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

LOL, thanks guys! Mabey the next Celebration will be held in Chicago and I can meet up. :)

One thing I just relised, I forgot to put white on my ears, lol.

I was supposed to be going to a fair/festival today....But it was announced in the paper that the theme was "Let Freedom Ring" or something. I'm not one to not go against society, but these people that live in said town are, ehh, well, preety, well, they're all preety old, and stubborn.....And my henchmen aren't going to dress up either. So I had to bail. :( I've still got a few other things I can go to, so hopefully those work out.

In other news, now I need a SW costume. :? There's events like in just 2 weeks that will require a SW costume, and of all times, I don't have one that fits/works. :oops: I thought about trying to do my Jodo Kast realy quick...But I guess I'd rather do it better as apose to quick. My second thought was to go as Cade Skywalker, but I don't have any sintra to use for my custom templates I made here a while back either. So I'm just out of luck. I guess I won't go. :( I was to busy with the Joker and my BSG stuff to worry about SW any longer.

hopeful recruit
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Jodo wrote: One thing I just relised, I forgot to put white on my ears, lol.
So? I never put white on my ears and it turns out fine. :)

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Jodo ....................Look around for a "GOOD " Parade down in your area[ around springfield or near maybe] for next year , and I'd be willing to come down and play Batman vs your awesome Joker. So long as it's on a weekend of course and i have no conflicts .
Same goes for up here in northern illinois as Tim[Recruit ] and I have discussed already . I Got this new Batsuit and i am dying to get out in it ! :lol: :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I have no idea about any parades anywhere, LOL. But I'd love to be able to do that with a Batman! :) I'll look around the internets here this weekend and see if I can turn anything up.

Gonna dye my V2.0 pants this weekend, and hopefully get the material next week for my SA shirt. I may also order a correct chain this week. I way be busy with a new quick project though, so I don't know if I'll shell out the $20 for the chain just yet or not, I may wait untill a convention,etc. Still need shoes too, and a suspenders. As soon as I get a chance to go to St. Louis Hot Topic, I'll grab some white ones and some fabric markers to make my own. :P

EDIT - Also, sence its only like 16 days till the Halloween fest here, I think I'll proboly shave me a receding hair line. And then do it again here in 16 days. I wan't see what it'll look like. :P

hopeful recruit
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Jodo wrote: EDIT - Also, sence its only like 16 days till the Halloween fest here, I think I'll proboly shave me a receding hair line. And then do it again here in 16 days. I wan't see what it'll look like. :P
You mean you're going to shave your hair into Ledger's widow's peak?! :shock:

You're a lot braver than me :D

Join up either at BOTB or the League of Heroes... there's usually a few guys near St. Louis... in fact, there's a Superman/Robin there. :D

http://www.runboard.com/bbrotherhoodofthebat

http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Awsome, I'm officialy on both! :o Going through the D*Con thread, I already see people I know even. :)

I didn't plan to, because I'm conserving my make-up and collodion for the next week (Full costume, hair, and (better) make-up test, Trick-Or-Treat (downtown evening and pasisng out candy at night) on the 24th, downtown festival and, downtown children parade the 25th, Wal-Mart the 30th, and then on the 31st the Halloween Trick-or-Treat at a near-by mall.

I'm preety happy with my eyes though, I originaly didn't have the "eye brow swoop", but when I was trying to the wrinkles, I hit my hand on them and I had already put my white away. But one thing I'm sorta angry at myself about, for what-ever-reason, I can't seem to get the forehead wrinkles very good. I hate myself for not being able to do it....But what do you guys think, which version do you like better? I don't exactly like either of them myself, but I just can't seem to do them. :( :

Just a line drawn with an edge of a finger nail file -

OR

A Q-tip line -

I think out of the two, I prefer the Q-tip line ones, but still, they could be a lot better. :?

Another thing I've been finding funny, my hair naturaly goes into the joker shape now. At the end of the day, after I wash my face, I've always put it back out of my eyes like that-for around four or so years, but now it seems more curly,etc. More like his. So I didn't do anything to my hair in those pics. Just how it was. :)

Soooo, for my V2.0 I've still got to -

Finish pants dyeing process
Receive and sew Kwally SA Shirt
Replace Chain with accurate one
Buy brown shoes (current ones are black dress shoes, can't find big enough shoes to fit me either way)
Find suspenders to make into diamonds suspenders (Only HT EVER to not stock white suspenders BTW)
And then sometime, someday, mabey someplace,get my coat lined with the liner I've had, and replace those purple buttons on it with some black ones.

Oh, and loose 10lbs. because if that coat is going to be lined, I need to be smaller. :lol: :P :?

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Lookin VERY Good my friend ! We gotta hook up for a parade at some point down in southern Illinois .

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! I'm looking for one BTW, but I've not seen any mention of one. :(

The vest is finished!!!!!!! Just need to replace those purple coat buttons now.....

TheKid
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

Post by TheKid »

well done buddy i love it
"Remove your helmet"
"This is never going to work"
"Roger Roger"
"Uh-oh"
"Roger Roger"
*Blaster Fire*
Commander Cody, Capt. Rex, Commando Droid(Epi. 3 Animated Series)