The Other Other Serious Guy

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by Jodo »

Because I sold my Sixx mask today, *officialy*...Here's a trip down memory lane. Speaking of....Never did dye that shirt, LOL.

ImageImage

Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

The dude I know at WM got his hair cut...And ever sence then I've been in a Joker mood. :? So I'm thinking of getting my war paint out, and trying a new method of application out. :twisted:

I also found a place that has some nice chain to replace my other one of my sisters. So that just leaves me to do the following for my Joker TDK Suit V2.0 :

Tie (upcoming. :wink: )
Pants
Suspenders
Lined Coat

And I'm calling my BSG marine done as well. :D I've got a super secret project I'm thinking about even. :lol: And depending on paychecks, we'll see how quick it comes. :lol: It also depends on the fact if I need Joker pants for an event too, LOL. I'm thinking if something comes up, I'll just bite the bullet and buy the rest of evrything. Then it will be done, and I'll be happy. (As long as its accurate, LOL.)

I've been invited by a few people to the Superman thing in Metropolis. But I don't think I'll be going. Is anyone from the MWG going down there? (I'm just not a big comic fan, and I think I'd be embarassed if someone asked me a comic specific question. :lol: )

EDIT -

And I hate to even mention this, but I just thought it was a cool idea. The Police uniform from the parade. I had this thought today, and I blew my own mind. LOL. I've got WAY to many things going on to seriously consider it, but if I ever get my wish, I want a manequin with the suit on it, and I want the other three costumes around it on "dept. store metal racks". I think that would look so awsome. :lol:

I already looked most of the stuff up, and excluding the two metal badges, the costume would be about $300. :? With the badges? Around $500. :shock: I'd also be impersonating an officer. :lol: And I'd want a M1 Garand too...and...and...and....
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Dude....................we GOTTA get you out for one of the many parades we are doing this summer ! Too bad you live Sooooooo Far down there in no man's land tho ! :cry:

(I'm just not a big comic fan, and I think I'd be embarassed if someone asked me a comic specific question

Neither am i . NOR am i a convention person either .
But that hasn't stopped me from putting on the Batsuit for parades and such . Kids just LOVE to see these characters in a Parade. 8)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I'm releived to know that I'm not the only person who dressed up but doesn't follow the comics, LOL. If someone asks me any questions I just smile and nod.

"Did you see comic # whatever???!?!?!?!?"

"Why yes. Yes I did."

"Wasn't it awsome!?!!?!?!"

"Why yes. Yes it was."

"Did you see page 11?"

"Why yes. Yes I did."

"Woooooo, that was saaaaweeeeeeet!"

"Why yes. Yes it was."

:lol:

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Post by River »

IN6951 wrote:Dude....................we GOTTA get you out for one of the many parades we are doing this summer ! Too bad you live Sooooooo Far down there in no man's land tho ! :cry:

(I'm just not a big comic fan, and I think I'd be embarassed if someone asked me a comic specific question

Neither am i . NOR am i a convention person either .
But that hasn't stopped me from putting on the Batsuit for parades and such . Kids just LOVE to see these characters in a Parade. 8)
HMMM, Jodo, if you're interested to do the Sycamore parade (which I would gladly do as it would be considered my return to my very first troop ever) how far are you? mebbe I can get you? or for that matter one of us could grab our only 'heath ledger look-a-like' joker? That would be totaly worth seeing at a parade.

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

When/where is the Sycamore parade?

It's not realy getting up there (I'm sure my family would be up for it), but just time and availability, but I thank you very much for your offer and compliment! :D

P.S. - TDK was on HBO a few nights ago...I don't get HBO, but I know 3 people who would never see TDK otherwise who got to see it. Two enjoyed it, and thought of me...One didn't care for it. :shock:

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by River »

I think Sycamore was in august or september,

Kevin Skoglund would remember! As for TDK, well, can't please everyone right?

Get the details from Kevin, I figure if it's far enough away mebbe you can plan for it. Would really like to see you there brother.

-River

Fitz6442
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6442

Post by Fitz6442 »

River wrote:I think Sycamore was in august or september,
It's always the Sunday before Halloween.

http://www.sycamorepumpkinfestival.com/Parade_Page.htm

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Is this it?

http://www.sycamorepumpkinfestival.com/index.htm

If its the 25th of October, I'd have to wait and see when the parade and stuff is here, our Halloween is usualy the weekend before the 31st, but the 31st is on a Saturday, so I don't know if they'd make it the first full weekend, or what. :| (We're weird here, lol.) The 31st of October goes by like nothing here usualy, I'd have to wait and see.

That's why I went to Marion for that event on the 31st. So it works out pretty well in that accord, but raises a bunch of eyebrows when I mention t-o-t'ing the week before Hallween. A lady on another forum I'm on sorta condemned my town for "trying to get candy" a week before Halloween. :lol:

EDIT - Heh, guess the above is it, LOL. :lol:

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by River »

Fitz6442 wrote:

Fitz,

thanks for the clarification buddy! much appreciated!

jodo,

Hey man if you can make it, that would be awesome, totally understandable if you can't though. still would be friggin cool to meet you.

-River

Fitz6442
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6442

Post by Fitz6442 »

Fitz6442 wrote:

Same weekend as Rock-Con.

http://www.midwestgarrison.org/forum/vi ... php?t=9722

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Ahh, I don't have access to the 501st forum, but Rock-Con sounds...Scary. :lol:

River, thanks man! :wink:

tk1055
Rebel Legion Member
501st Legion ID: 1055

Post by tk1055 »

actually it's not that scary at all (I have been a minion of the con for four years now.) Just stay away from the igor bars unless you want to go into a sugar overload LOL.

(For those who are curious what an Igor bar is http://www.dorkstock.com/IgorBars.html)
"Sir rebels coming in from the north!"
"Good fire toward the south maybe we'll hit 'em."

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I've never heard of those...but wow. :shock:

EDIT -

Today my mom ran across someone she knew, and got pictures of our family out to show her. My joker pics. were in there with them, the old old old ones, from mabey...the third time I done make-up. The lady asked her why she had pictures of Heath Ledger's Joker in her purse, LOL! :lol: She explained to her that was me, etc. And when I walked up, the lady told me I should go into make-up applications, LOL.

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Ok...Sence I've not done it sence Halloween day last year, I knew I'd be rusty. So I started to practice today. Started with what I always had trouble on, the eyes and forehead. Still have trouble with those, lol. I didn't bother with the scars, I just drew meself a very very very simple smile as a place filler. I actualy didn't even have one in the first pics., but went back and slopped one on. :lol: And also come to find out, my red for said scars doesn't work anymore, so I mixed one up. :?

So what I'm saying is....Look into my eyes! Look into my eyes! Ignore my poor make-up job other wise! Look into my eyes! :lol:

Go the shirt from Old Navy by the way. :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Ahhh...I'm less "proud" of it this morning, looks way to "created"! I'm going to try the water thing next, I don't think I'll have time tonight to do it, but I'm going to try in the next few days. I think I'll put my white on, shake my head with the water, and then do the black, and shake my head with the water.

In the above pics., I tried doing the skin showing under the black, but then I was obligated to put black lines in the larger "skin lines". And of corse then they looked like a big black sun or something. I'll use the excuse of being 8 months rusty. :lol:

And on a curious note...Here a few days ago I posted my Bank Hesit pics on some other bords...Well a bit ago I got a PM from Mythbuster's Adam Savage. :shock: He liked my costume and wanted to know where I got my duffle bag. :!:

BDA TK7503
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7503

Post by BDA TK7503 »

I went to the metropolis con in 07 it was a fun little con, the superman museum was neat to see as well as the statue. The local grocery store is Big Johns and they have a statue of a man holding grocery bags out front. There statue is larger than the superman one. :lol:

I won't be able to make it this year, but if your close you should go just to meet up with other costumers.

2007 Metropolis MWG link

Some Metropolis Con pics
All right, look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi!
Rule of life #7. Whatever the question, Costumes are always a good answer.

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

...Well a bit ago I got a PM from Mythbuster's Adam Savage.
That's cool. I know he's a member on the Replica Prop Forum. He's seems like a very nice guy.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

He's deffintly a nice guy, and could thank me enough, I've always thought he was awsome, now I know he is, LOL.

And by popular demand, "crazy evil worn weathered jailed Joker" eyes. :shock: I'm happy about these tonight...I'll wait until tomorro to see what I realy think of them. :lol:

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by River »

much better,

I see you soften the lines and the makeup being somewhate 'weathered away' is good work.

You really should come to bartlett bro!

-River