The Other Other Serious Guy

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by Jodo »

Thanks man! :)
I told you to stay out my yard Tim. :wink: :P :lol:

"Hey Batty, how 'bout a magic trick?"

LMAO...I came up with idea here when we bought it, but my sister said just a moment ago he needed something else. A pencil being the main thing, LOL. I've still got to find a white marker to write "Ha" on it evrywhere, and I think I'm going to get some of my nasty bloody looking material out and tack on the bottom, LOL. I'm also considering grabbing some epoxy to put around the pencil and let it run down from the hole to give it that bloody look. I'll also proboly take and give it a light spray of black paint to give it a "grit/dirtier" appearence as well.
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

TheKid
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

Post by TheKid »

nice i love it...great idea
"Remove your helmet"
"This is never going to work"
"Roger Roger"
"Uh-oh"
"Roger Roger"
*Blaster Fire*
Commander Cody, Capt. Rex, Commando Droid(Epi. 3 Animated Series)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! :o

"Here's my card"

Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Ahh, just couldn't go to sleep without a run down from today, LOL.

3:30 - Left and went to Aldi, only two people even noticed me in the parking lot, one old woman to talked to me and wanted to know what I was doing. And then the other person was a girl in mabey her 20's who looked at me out of the corner of her eye as she packed her grocery bags into her car, LOL.

3:30 to 4:00 - Went to the usual family stops to show them.

4:00 to 5:00 - Downtown Trick-Or-Treat, had a lot of great feedback from evryone, had a few pics. taken, many many many people who where driving by where freaked out, LOL. I messed with a few people as well, they didn't think it was funny at all.

5:00 to 5:30 - Free corn dog and soda, all the nice girls were dressed up, they all were realy cool.

6:00 to 8:30 - Handed out candy for like 40 mins., relised the rain was proboly stopping evryone from coming, it had already washed all my joker art work off the side walk and stuff anyway, so we packed up, and went Trick-Or-Treating for my sister instead. I had a blast, LMAO. Went to a few people's houses we knew, they thought we where crazy, LOL. I also stopped by the all-out Halloween house I had mentioned before....They had like 10 people there scarring the absolute crap out of people. Kids, adults, these people were scared to death, it was crazy.

They had a predator, Jason, a werewolf, a butcher who had a chain saw he was going around sawing at people with, a realy awsome witch...lets see....I can't remember any more, LOL. They where all awsome, and greated me just like I had known them forever. While I was talking to Jason about my gloves, the butcher and werewolf "assaulted" a mini-van. It was HILLARIOUS. It stopped infront of the house, they ran up to it, the were wolf started howling at the passenger and driver...But the butcher went to the back of van, opened its back door and starter using his chain saw inside of it. I was for sure they'd reverse and back over him, LOL. The van was screaming like they were being killed....It turns out the entire back seat had kids in it, so I'm sure they've been scared for life.

Here we are about 3 hours into it :

Didn't get my SA shirt material either....So I've still got to -

Finish new pants, sew new shirt, buy new chain, find new shoes, and line the coat.

cplBear
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by cplBear »

AWESOME ! That pic of you and the Joker's "Henchmen " looks GREAT !

THAT'S what i'm talkin about . :thumbs:

I'm off for a Halloween parade in an hour myself . The BATMAN will be in da house . Then tomorrow............the BIG sycamore parade in STar wars RFT . 8)
Mud hole! My home this is - Yoda

IN6951 Imperial Navy Trooper .

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

cplBear wrote:AWESOME ! That pic of you and the Joker's "Henchmen " looks GREAT !

THAT'S what i'm talkin about . :thumbs:

I'm off for a Halloween parade in an hour myself . The BATMAN will be in da house . Then tomorrow............the BIG sycamore parade in STar wars RFT . 8)

Thats a good pic of the joker and his henchmen if i ever saw one! Great job!

Have a good parade with your BatMan tomorrow cplBear....

but hold on to your costumes tomorrow ...the NWS has issued a high wind warning for tomorrow.....it's going to warm up real fast then drop like a rock and have gusts up to 50 mph...So glue tape or bolt everything down !!!

Short Trooper (Diana)
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks guys! :D I had an excellent time again yesterday, how'd your Batman and RFT go cplbear?

Here's a copy and paste of various run downs I did of yesterday, (the 25th.) -

I had a preety good time today, left at about 11:00 and found a parking space fairly quickly, went right to this Anime bake sale I had been asked to attent, so I chatted with those people for a little while, then I went and walked around the block with Alice (in Wonderland) and a few of the other people I had just me there. Just about evryone in general had a positive comment. One old angry biker dude called me "Grandma", LOL. So I just turned around and started mocking his actions as he walked. :lol:

Bothered the people at the corner resturant 4 times that day, I think the same people were in there at one point in time, LOL. The ones from yesterday who didn't like me. Most of the other people couldn't beleive me, including the ones I was walking with. I started handing out cards to batman specific costume people right before this, and had already amazed people with them, lol. Come to find out one of the women in that Anime club came as Harley Quinn even.

I then left to do the kids parade line-up for judging (for my sister who placed 4th under clowns!) I naturaly messed with nearly evryone there. Handed out about 20 cards to kids dressed as batman, ONE 6 year old joker, and then another to a guy with his entire family. Both had rubies costumes and just couldn't get over mine I don't think, LOL. I ended up giving cards to a few other non-batman kids because they were either so excited to see me, or so terrified of me I felt they deserved something for it, LOL! :P

I also ended up messing with 3 police officers (actual gun carrying officers of the law, BTW) and they all seemed preety cool about it. I asked one who was giving out candy "What do you have for your local friendly neighborhood criminal, hm?" and he sorta lost composure for a second and then told me "We don't have anything for criminals." LOL. The others I told to "keep a close eye on keeping evryone sane..You'd hate it if people went....crrrraaaazzzzzyyyy!"

My favorite moment from today was the Haunted House line.....Oh my....I was with one kid, and Alice (In Wonderland) when we walked down there, and I decided I was going to mess with those people as well. I asked the lady, who was in her 30's I guess where the line started, she said "Here." so I just turned around and stood there. I've never seen so many people get upset before so quickly in my life. :shock: The old woman who ran the thing jumps off the steps and says "No no no! This is the front, you gotta go to the back! The backs over there! You can do this!"
"No, ya see, I'm uhh, I'm the Joker. *turns around and points to the lady in line* and she said, that this is where it starts."
"Well, you gotta go the back. Get back there."
*twitches* "I'm not even gonna go in if your gonna be like that." *mocks being upset*

Those people were weird not wanting me to be first in line :P ....I couldn't beleive how serious they were...it was awsome, LOL. Sorta scary that people would be soo...eh, well...so serious. That would of been a realy good time to of done "Why so serious?" now that I think of it...Darn, I missed out!
--------------------

Someone asked me about my Joker cards on another site...I gave them all out aside from about 10 of them. At the very end I decided to give a few other kids some cards, one kid came up twice and got one...So naturaly, evryone wanted two. I bent down towards one of them and said "Well ya see, having two is...Bad luck." his eyes got real big and he ran off. Moments later the kid with two cards came and gave me his second card back. :lol:

I forgot all about it, but I also visited Wal-Mart in my suit. Hardly anyone even noticed me. :huh: The kids of corse said "Look look!!!", the adults would just go "oh yeah" and not even look up. :? There's a crazy person dressed as the joker leaving his calling cards with your kids. Way to be a care taker. :? :P

However, while I was there, I walked through Halloween stuff and was stopped by an employee. She told me she had someone I should meet ASAP. I had a fairly good idea who I was going to be introduced to, a stockman that my cousin had mentioned before being just as obsessed as I am, LOL. it was realy cool talking to him. He even did his impression for me, he got about 1/3 of the way through the father scar story and the &%*&( manager came around and said "I think your've got something better to do." Of corse they can't talk back to him.....But I can. So I turned around and instantly went back into character and said "Well, your just walking around."
:lol:
--------------------

I also had quite a few people ask me where Batman was as well, so when I wasn't carrying his head around, I told them "He's dead." or "Ah, just killed him." I'm a horrible person, LOL. :P

One girl came up to me during the children's parade, in the staging area, where I had been speading crazy among the crowd (and the cops) and got realy close looking at my make-up, I just kept staring at her, but she wasen't looking at my eyes, she was more concerned about the scars...She finaly looked up at me and said "Uhhh...What-a....what a, happened to your *points to her mouth* uh, mouth?"

I couldn't help but smile, LOL.

I forgot about Han Solo and Indy Jones...They were both about 4 or 5 years old, and their dad was taking a picture of them. He was pointing his camera and snapping his finger at them trying to get them to look at him. I was standing about 6 feet to his left, where they were looking with their mouths wide open. They finaly got scarred enough to run to him, and he finaly turned around and relised I was standing behind him. The one sorta ran off to the right, he was about 12 feet from me, and the other started crying. It was crazy. I went right into "I'm not bad of a guy.",etc. And handed the one crying a card, he stopped almost immediatly, but the other one who ran off wouldn't take a card. LOL! He absoutly wouldn't take it, so I gave it to his dad just in case.

I had a few grown men not accept cards either, there were of corse the kids who were freaked out because of it, but honestly, be a man and take my card. You embarrassed me to death blonde guy who wouldn't accept my card. You embarrassed your girly friend, and you embarrassed your mom. And most importantly, you embarrassed me. Because then, not only did that make me a giver-taker-backer-joker-carder, it made you embarrassing. And sort of a wuss. :lol:

cplBear
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by cplBear »

Sounds like you had a GREAT time down there My Friend !
My weekend was ALSO filled with costuming adventures . I did a small Halloween costume event as " the BATMAN " on saturday in Iowa . Posed for a lot of pics with kids at that one . It was awesome seeing just how creative many of the parents were with some of their children's costumes .

Then...........we did the Star Wars Parade during HURRICANE FORCE WINDS in Sycamore illinois on Sunday ! :shock:

THAT was an experience ! I had to almost CEMENT my RFT Bucket to my head to keep in on ! It blew off TWICE and i had to catch it in mid flight before it hit concrete ! :cry:
But..we made the best of it and we allways have a GREAT time just getting together and doing the Parade Thang . We had over a dozen in costume .
Mud hole! My home this is - Yoda

IN6951 Imperial Navy Trooper .

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

WOW

Post by River »

Hey man,

AMAZING outfit. LOVE the pic of you and the Joker's Henchmen that is awesome.

Not to mention you were 'totally' in character. love the stuff you said to the policemen. shoulda had someone video taping you. or even better, have one of your henchmen with a video recorder and you with a microphone.

Still man, the costume is amazing. glad you had a good time. I was also fighting Hurricane force winds with Cplbear. I think at one point i flew into him? wasn't sure since I had limited vision in my imperial gunner bucket:)

Thanks for the pics bro,

River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

cplBear wrote:Sounds like you had a GREAT time down there My Friend !
My weekend was ALSO filled with costuming adventures . I did a small Halloween costume event as " the BATMAN " on saturday in Iowa . Posed for a lot of pics with kids at that one . It was awesome seeing just how creative many of the parents were with some of their children's costumes .

Then...........we did the Star Wars Parade during HURRICANE FORCE WINDS in Sycamore illinois on Sunday ! :shock:

THAT was an experience ! I had to almost CEMENT my RFT Bucket to my head to keep in on ! It blew off TWICE and i had to catch it in mid flight before it hit concrete ! :cry:
But..we made the best of it and we allways have a GREAT time just getting together and doing the Parade Thang . We had over a dozen in costume .
Glad to hear you had a good time! But I think the winds would of made me to nervous! :P Let alone my bucket flying off, that would scared the crap out of me. :shock:

I remember here along time ago some Fett-head repaired one of his interior pads with epoxy, it didn't dry all the way before his troop...So when he put it on some of the epoxy oozed out over the pad and got on his hair....So if you guys encounter more hurricane force winds, you could always go that route. :P :wink:

Thanks for the kind words River! :D I'm currently re-dyeing my new pants, so hopefully they'll be done before the 31st...I don't know if they're going to turn out very good though. I'll dry them here soon and see what you guys think. :) Here for my 31st event I get to meet a Batman! :D I've been talking back and forth and meeting with his group here for a little bit...The mall that we'll be meeting at expect 2500 to 5000 people inside the mall for that event. :shock:

I can't get over the wind that was up there....Did it rain on you guys at all? It did here a couple point in time. It gave my make-up more of a worn look, LOL.

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

Sycamore

Post by River »

Just as the parade started it began to 'trickle' then it stopped.

it stopped long enough becuase just as we finished up and dismantled Phyllis' R2-unit and slammed her truck shut, the rain/sleet/ and snow came in out of nowhere! so we REALLLY lucked out.

-River

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Glad to hear you guys lucked out then! It held off the 25th for us...but the day before it preety much poured. Washed all my joker stuff off the sidewalk I had instore for the trick-or-treaters. :?

Heh, well, I'm deffintly not calling it finished...I just took my perfect pants out, and they're preety much ruined. Not only did they turn out a dark grey, they also ended up getting rust stains from the metal bits. :( So I guess I'll use my first pair of pants for tomorro's stuff. :( The pant legs in them have been shortened though, a little bit to much IMO. Of corse before I had the full intentions of being able to use my new pants....Sooo...Now I need to add pants back to the list. :(

Still need to do for V2.0 -

Receive SA shirt material, have shirt sewn.
Get another pair of pants to dye.
Purchase new accurate chain.
Find shoes that fit.
Do the suspenders (May end up buying the screen used brand)

And then I may end up, on the slight chance of having new events and plans past tomorro....Do a V3.0 with new coat and blazer. Thats on the back burner, but if I find resources to do so, I hands down will buy a new overcoat. I'd realy like to have a better fitting one, thats more accurate. I'd also like to get them lined sometime. I just don't like using that HT coat...Its like nothing went into it or something. I like it, but I just feel it could be better.

So for tomorro, this is what I should look like. Even Batmans going to be there! *geeks out*

And I know the edge of the make-up in my hair line has a "cookie cutter" shape to it, after that pic. was taken I brushed it farther into my hair line.

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

joker v2.0

Post by River »

Hey there buddy,

I would have to agree with you about the pants, looks a little too short. Sorry to hear about your stuff being washed out and pants gettin' ruined. But it still looks great! Hope you take some great pics from the Halloween festivities.

-River

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

It also dosen't help that one of my legs is longer than the other. :lol: But seriously, I usualy hafe to carry my weight on my left leg, so the pant legs never look the same length. :lol: I'm looking for a new pair of pants right now on the internets...Hopefully I find something thats awsome...and for cheap! :P

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

You still make one impressive looking heath ledger joker my friend ! :cheers:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thank ya sir! :D

I had a realy good time yesterday, I met the Batman, Princess Leia, a Jedi Knight, and Darth Vader at Illinois Centre Mall for their indoor trick-or-treating. It was extremly warm inside, and literaly right before I started applying make-up, my nose started running. So I left make-up off of it untill right before we left. About an hour into it, my nose started running again, and after we left, about 20 mins. later, it was absoutly stopped up and running.

So aside from getting sick at the very last moment possible, I had a realy good time. I got tons of hugs, and was asked to give a lap dance. :lol: All the little kids were amazed to see us, it was never "those people dressed up", it was "Batman, Darth Vader, the Joker,etc" They realy enjoyed seeing us all there. Having seen only what, two Rubies costumes before, I was pleasently suprises to see other Jokers there. One only did a make-up job, which was ok, and the other two, one a man, and the other a woman were together. He came in the suit, and her the nurses outfit. They were the most unfriendliest people EVER. I thought I'd be nice, so I introduced myself to them and asked them about their costumes....They wouldn't even answer me hardly. They were just realy rude. It was like it made them mad I dressed up or something....I actualy had other people come up to me and tell me they prefered me to them though, which was of corse always welcome, ( :P ) but the main comments were that I was much more approchable than the couple. They just struck me as realy...well, I can't realy describe it, it was just realy weird. :?

On the other hand, there was this little kid who realy got a kick out of me as the Joker...He walks up with his family in his Ninja outfit and says "Whats wrong with you?!? Batman's a super hero! Why you try and hurt Batman for!?! He's a super hero Joker! Why you try and do that!?!?" LOL! After that, I introduced myself to "Yoda", who is a realy talented guy...He walks on his knees up and down the mall just like Yoda, it was crazy. But as I was talking to him, the same little boy comes up to us and goes "JOKER!?! What you doing to Yoda!?!? Why do that? What you doin' to him!?!?" LOL!!! Then come to find out, he was terrified of Yoda!

My other favorite moment was at this little chinese place inside the mall. The lady seated people realy close to where I was standing, so I walked over to by them, leaned on the fence, and said "Hiiii, I'll be your server today...What ah, what can I get you?" The lady closest to me looks over and goes "I'll take a lap dance." :lol:

So ya, hugs, Yoda, stuck-up Jokers, lapdance....It was all there!

Batman and Joker :
Looking in the Window :
Vader -
Yoda -

Our other pics. didn't turn out to good. :cry: Also, my frakkin' pants...I thought I'd have my new ones...so....ya know...the old ones suck.

So realy, what have I learned? Before the DVD release, I want new pants (ASAP), my shirt material, and a lighter blazer. I want new shoes, and suspenders, and then after that, I want a new coat. So....I still hate those pants. Worst I've ever seen.....Frakkin' things...

hopeful recruit
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by hopeful recruit »

this is just begging to be sepia-toned. :twisted:
"Those who never take risks never know what could have been."

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

That Batman was wearing that new rubies supreme dark knight costume right ? At least it looks like it to me . What were your impressions of it ?

:wink:

Fitz6442
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6442

Post by Fitz6442 »

hopeful recruit wrote:Image

this is just begging to be sepia-toned. :twisted:

http://www.irfanview.com/

:wink:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

LOL, thats preety cool! Deffintly diffrent, LOL.

Batman was indeed in the Rubies costume, it was preety cool actualy, and by cool, I meen Yuri was sweating like no ones buisness in it. :shock: Its been like in the 40's down here for WEEKS, and suddenly, for that event, it was in the 70's, so of corse inside the mall was in the 80's. :shock: I think the only beef I would have with the suit would be the "boots" and the belt. If they would of made those peices diffrent, or better, or something, I think it would of made the appearence of the suit a lot better. But it was still preety awsome, he wore it realy good. :D

I was just reminded about a poor kid at the Mall....He was with his family, they were all dressed up as goth witches and such...But he had dyed his hair red, had street clothes on, and a henchmen mask. I walked up to him, while he had his back to me, I put my arm around him, got in his face and said "Now ah, don't take this too seriously, but ah-your next in line."

He just stood there shaking his head up and down. He looked back at me about a dozen times. I turned to Batman and started asking why he didn't try and save him,etc. The kid was terrified. :lol: He had to be like 13 or 14...I figured he'd take it better than he did...Guess not. :?