Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

phoenix0206
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Post by phoenix0206 »

I've been a Power Rangers fan since 1993, and surpisingly, after all these years, they're still making new episodes (and I still watch it lol). It's been my childhood dream to be a Power Ranger. Since we all know that's not going to happen the next best thing is to have an authentic Power Ranger costume YAY!!! :D

And as all you Troopers here know, getting a show (or movie) accurate costume is an expensive hobbie. But it's well worth it to hardcore fans!!!! :wink:

My Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger costume is nearly complete. Most of the costume is made by other people. The only parts I'm doing myself are the holster, arm gauntlets, and the power daggers.

Here's a goofy picture of me in my suit lol :P

Here's the newest progress pic I have of my helmet. I was told it'll be ready VERY SOON!!!! :shock:

Refernce pic of the Power Daggers

Progress pics of my daggers. I'm using wood, clay, styrene sheets, and spackle. Totally the "Homemade materials" lol. I'm going to redo the side blades though before I glue them on. I want to make them smaller.

TS826
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 826

Post by TS826 »

Great work.

What are you carrying in the holster?

Helmet looks good too.
Is it made from ABS?

Also... I'm not sure how accurate they are, but I've seen retail Power Ranger gloves that make all the swooshing and punch sounds.

Maybe they can be taken apart and the electronics placed into more accurate gloves(?)

phoenix0206
Imperial Recruit

Post by phoenix0206 »

Thanks so much! I know ABS is some kind of thick plastic right? I'm not sure if that's what that is in the picture (since I don't know anything about the fiber-glass prop progress), but the final helmet is going to be Fiber-glass :D

I know the gloves you're talking about, and I used to have the yellow ranger ones when I was a kid. I can't find them, but one had a huge red pain stain on it (kids lol). Plus my hands are too big for them now.

The blade blaster is in my holster. It's the toy one, which is the actual size of the ones from the show (lucky me)

jedistine
501st Member
501st Member

Post by jedistine »

Looks great, sound like you're having fun working on it also.

phoenix0206
Imperial Recruit

Post by phoenix0206 »

Yeah, just think of how much fun I'll have when the enitre costume is complete MUAHAHA!!!!

Here are the latest progress pics from my helmet. First coat of paint, and the clips are attached to the sides. It's almost complete!!!! I'm freaking out.

One more thing I picked up, because I'm TOTALLY obsessed with Power Rangers, is a custom made Power Crystal. For those of you who don't know. The power coins, in the morphers could turn into crystals, which are used (as joysticks) to pilot the zord. That's why there's a coin at the end of the crystal.

And here's mine!!!! YAY!!!! PRETTY!!!!

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

That's really cool :D
~Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it~ G Santayana

phoenix0206
Imperial Recruit

Post by phoenix0206 »

MUAH HA HA!!! I just got updated pictures from my friend Jess, and this helmet is nearly complete!!! Just needs the mouth piece, visor, and padding on the inside and then it will be mine!!!! :twisted: Can't wait!!!

(the color is a bit weird from the dark picture, but you get the idea)

Colonel ThrellvonDa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 7748

Power Rangers

Post by Colonel ThrellvonDa »

Your Power Rangers costume rocks!!! My grandson would flip to meet you in that.
By the way, I'm Colonel Threllvon-Da that Marstoq told you about. I for one would love it if you could make it to FlashBack Weekend. I can say you would really have a good time there. PM me for more details and also details on Empire 2 Empire Costuming Group.
Colonel Threllvon-Da
TI 7748
Fury 2
Scotsman

phoenix0206
Imperial Recruit

Post by phoenix0206 »

Thanks Colonel!!! Your grandson must be cool if he likes Power Rangers 8) I PMed you about the Flashback Weekend. I'd love to volunteer with you guys. Just let me know what I have to do.

TK321
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 321

Post by TK321 »

WOW!!!
I love it!!!!!

...I want to be the Blue Power Ranger when I grow up!!!!!!!!!
Rob, Robb, Robert, Robby.
So many personalities, so little time.

phoenix0206
Imperial Recruit

Post by phoenix0206 »

My costume is complete. I just got the helmet in the mail today. I'm living a childhood dream here. I seriously FREAKED when I saw myself in the mirror with this on. :shock:

I have a few small things to fix on the costume though. I'm going to sew the yellow diamonds on the arm bracers (since the glue won't hold), adjust the belt, and I have to remake the holster for my blaster (which is why I'm not wearing the holster in the pictures).

AND I'm sooo happy with how my daggers came out, and they look awesome with the costume!!!! :D

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

It looks AWESOME :thewave:

Jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

phoenix0206
Imperial Recruit

Post by phoenix0206 »

Thank you very much Jen.

People call you guys Power Rangers? :shock: That's weird :crazy:

Cujo
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Cujo »

phoenix0206 wrote:Thanks so much! I know ABS is some kind of thick plastic right? I'm not sure if that's what that is in the picture (since I don't know anything about the fiber-glass prop progress), but the final helmet is going to be Fiber-glass :D

I know the gloves you're talking about, and I used to have the yellow ranger ones when I was a kid. I can't find them, but one had a huge red pain stain on it (kids lol). Plus my hands are too big for them now.

The blade blaster is in my holster. It's the toy one, which is the actual size of the ones from the show (lucky me)

i remember having that blaster blade! I too wish I could be a Power Ranger. The Green of White ranger costume would be great, even though I am a girl.

GBNICK
-BANNED-

Post by GBNICK »

You are the coolest yellow ranger :oops: 8)

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Post by TI4438 »

Graet workmanship on the costume.How do you guys make all that stuff?

phoenix0206
Imperial Recruit

Post by phoenix0206 »

I actually don't make all that stuff lol. I made the daggers, but everything else I can't take credit for. I'm talking with a seamstress though, to make me a thicker suit. The one I have is pretty thin. If I knew how to sew spandex myself, I'd be golden ^_^

I'm glad you guys like my costume :D

Cujo
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Cujo »

You know what would be awesome? If a handful of members had TK's casted in the different colors, and used Electrical ape to make them look like Power Rangers. I already have the Black Ranger's lol. We would the Mighty Morphin Storm Trooper Rangers!

Also, if you didn't know, there is a Morphicon this year for Power Rangers, I about died when I saw it, I want to go so bad but alas, no money :-(

Link: http://www.powermorphicon.org/
Great Lakes Garrison/Special Operations Detachment

phoenix0206
Imperial Recruit

Post by phoenix0206 »

Oh yeah I know all about Power Morphicon, and I plan on going. If only they would post ticket prices and hotel rates already. They're totally laggin on those important details. I know it's the first year for this convention, but they're cutting it kinda close. It's already 3 months away, I'm getting worried :(

Speaking of all things ranger-like I just got myself another ranger costume. It came in the mail this week. From season 12 Power Rangers Dino Thunder :D

God I wish I were this skinny :P

That's me!

Yellow is kinda becoming my color :D I love the Dino Thunder costume, but the Mighty Morphin helmet just look 100 times better!

Darth Favre
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 1900

Post by Darth Favre »

Thats pretty sweet. Nice job!
Yea I want Cheesy Poofs!!

Gregg Bywater
SL/TC 1900