TK-9336's USCM Armor, PR, and animated Motion Tracker WIP

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9336

TK-9336's USCM Armor, PR, and animated Motion Tracker WIP

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

I need to take a break from Daft Punk build to get the creative juices flowing again.

Combining my military nature and sci fi nerdom I am going to make my set of Colonial Marines armor from the cult classic Aliens from 1986 (I wouldn't be born until 6 years later.)

I've weighed different mediums. From EVA foam, to ABS and fiberglass. The best will be to make my own from pep and mold it. The next step being vac forming in ABS. I'll probably do the test test pulls Acme Design and do the big run somewhere else local in IL.

Screen accurate BDU'S are being made overseas right now and it's fully authentic to the movie.

I have a Matrix Pulse Rifle coming Saturday or Monday. I will have to remove the lame shotgun round in there with a movie accurate hero grade grenade. The counter fully works though. I will then have to paint it brown bess using humbrol paint.

The final step will be converting a resin cast Motion tracker to have a NSTC screen to play the motion tracker animation from the movie following along these lines:

https://learn.adafruit.com/using-a-mini ... spberry-pi

This is just a place holder post until real progress is made.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...