My Next Next Project - Captain Jack Sparrow - Halloween 2011

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! :D :D :D

No, the 4th movie, On Stranger Tides isn't out yet, it comes out next May! :D So I'm making it a goal to at least have my wig done by then. I might go to the movie theater as "casual Jack". So I thought it sounded like a pretty good goal. Not to much stress to get everything done, and plus then I'd be able to see the movie and any other changes Jack goes through. :lol: Right now he has a brand new vest, but I'm thinking there might be scenes with the old look in the next movie...

The Curse of the Black Pearl (1st one) and At World's End (3rd) one are the best, but I'd deffintly recommend watching them in order! And with the next movie coming out next year, I feel a fleeting need for a POTC movie marathon at your house! :lol:
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Well...I have a set back. The hat I own in the closest to the OST hat this is available right now. It fits my noggin just fine. However, there's no way it would fit over my wig. There is...or...was...a sweat band thing inside of it. So today I cut it out, tossed on my wig, and tried again. Still to small. :( It made a good 2 inches or so overall to the hat's size, but it wasn't freaking enough. :( Most people's hats with the wig are like 24 inches in size. Mine is think came out to be 23 and 3/4's (I think) and it looks to me, that it would need to be like at least 25 inches to fit properly. :(

So now not only doed it not work as my OST hat...It doesn't fit my head either, without sewing the sweat band thing back in. :oops:
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Re: My Next Next Project - Captain Jack Sparrow - Halloween

Post by Jodo »

Good news! After using several military helmets and about 100LBS of weights, I have streched my tricorn to fit over my wig! :mrgreen:

I have also put together the most complete guide to Jack's new wig available. :D

And then to boot, a member over at KTTC and myself have ID'ed (and purchased :lol:) the combo set of coins used for the "Mickey" dangle. :thumbs:

ImageImageImage

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I got them! :thumbs: And I can use the gold beads attached to them for the gold bead on the dread with the feather!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I'm gonna try to make my own wig. :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I now have the pick of my choice for what key I want in my new wig. :lol: Didn't realize I'd get this many. :D

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Looks like you have a big job ahead of you......but you do excellent work.

Great idea about the hat and stretching it out.

I can't wait to see how your wig comes out.

Diana (ShortTrooper)
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thank you! :D

And I also recently recieved these coat buttons for free. :D There's 25 of them, and I think I need.....42 total? So this helped out a TON. :D

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Best way to get something for your costume..FREE!!! :D
And it looks like you halfway there for the buttons!

Diana(ShortTrooper )

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Absolutly! A considerably ammount of this costume, piece by piece, has been given to me...Which is very "Captain Jack Sparrow" in it's own accord. :thumbs:

I still need for AWE Jack :

Kuchi Dangle ($35)
Pelts ($25)
Beard Braids ($20)
Baldric ($$$$)

and for OST Jack:

OST Wig ($$$$)
OST Vest ($$$$$$$)
Second Flintlock ($35)

And then otherwise, to upgrade, which I want to do before Halloween...A leather hat ($225), and a coat made from the original material ($400). :|

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

And while I had the opportunity to do so, for such a low price...I decided to upgrade to an Acme sash as well. Probably shouldn't of done so when there are still items I need that I don't have any of, but oh well. It's done now, eh? :

Also, I'm turning back to the idea of just using my Mazie wig for my OST wig. I have the braids (and hair to make the other braids) for it, but I don't have time to make dreads for it.

Therefore I think I'm going to remove around 10 or so of the dark short dreads out of it, add in the 4 or so blonde ones, and then do the unthinkable.....Take the 10 or so removed dreads, and add them into my base wig to make a COTBP wig! :lol

So therefore I'll have a OST wig for the OST costume, and still have a wig for the "old" costume! :D

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Man, I've not been here for a while! :( School finaly consumed my life totaly, and I was limited to checking FB....But now it's summer, and I'm done! And I retained my 4.0 GPA! :thumbs: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here a few weeks ago I got some kuchi in the mail. :shock:

I got a OST hat from Nik Dallos:

During finals week...I finaly lost it...And cut myself:

And then went over the edge (and back again), and shot myself twice:

Then I had a new eyeliner I wanted to try out...And I also got my beard braids, so I had to put the wig and stuff on! :thumbs:

My friend Jordan and I went to the theater (in a round about way...) to preorder tickets for OST, because they weren't doing it last week. When we got there, we talked to some girls, who said dirty things to me...And then we attempted to purchase our tickets. The woman hit the keys a few times, and told us she couldn't sell them to us, as they weren't in the system. The manager came over, looked at me, looked at the screen, and then looked back to me....and said "Give me 5 minutes".

We walked away with our tickets to the midnight showing.

I also got some SA items for my wig, dread cuffs, a coin, skull beads, and a tiny little bell for a hidden dangle in the wig that no one will ever see, LOL.:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I forgot, but I also received blonde dreads for my wig as well! :) :

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

:D

wow you got a lot done on this!

And good work there on keeping your grades up in the 4.0 avg!!!! :thumbs:

Looking good!

Diana (ShortTrooper )

mattbobmcd
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8148

Post by mattbobmcd »

All of your stuff looks really great! Most impressive!

:thumbs:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks guys!!!! It's honestly almost sad knowing it'll be over in a few months! :( I've been working on this costume for a few years, it won't be the same not constantly doing something with it, LOL.

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Here's a picture from after the midnight release:

I can't wait to start weathering and changing up my wig. :thumbs:

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

Jodo wrote:Thanks guys!!!! It's honestly almost sad knowing it'll be over in a few months! :( I've been working on this costume for a few years, it won't be the same not constantly doing something with it, LOL.
when it is finished...you can start on a Star Wars costume...

:wink:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Starting one I've done many times....Finishing one, that be my problem! :|

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

Jodo wrote:.Finishing one, that be my problem! :|
I used to do that too....start like 3 costumes...and never finish any of them
...finally figured out to do one at a time...

it worked...