My Next Project...Mad Hatter - Halloween 2010 (NEARLY DONE!)

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by Jodo »

Hat pins will be available towards Halloween (or sooner), but they aren't 100% accurate. But they will be available commericaly. :P

Also, just secured myself a ring. :D
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Imperial1971
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 7155

Post by Imperial1971 »

I'm impressed and I am not easily impressed!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mike

"Do you know how many times I've almost fallen off this thing??"

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

One thing you can use for the lace for the hat...there is a table cloth lace made that has a similar look to it...the table cloth lace is about 30 inches wide and has the same border on both edges. I have used it to make wide lace panels for Civil War Reproduction dresses

IF I can find the name of it I'll let you know if this will help...

BTW, Good job so far! I actually kinda like the hat now!

ShortTrooper (Diana)
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks guys! :D I'd like to wear the makeup again here soon, but I've been growing a "slight mustache" for about 2 1/2 weeks, so I'd like to be able to apply Jack Sparrow makeup first, then shave and do the Hatter. :lol:

Diana, if you can think of it, I'd love to check it out. :D
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

The lace is called Battenburge table cloth lace ...it comes in bolts of 30 inches wide and it is expensive...I tried finding it on line and it's not showing up...I got mine a long time ago at Wal-Mart of all places.

You might want to call your fabric stores and see if they can order it.

I may have some scrap stuff here left over from a dress and I"ll see how big some pieces are... but I will look.

ShortTRooper (Diana)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Awesome, if you could take some pics., I'd love to see it. :) I actualy don't have any fabric stores around here. I have to go an hour away to get anything. :lol:

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Jodo,

The lace that is on the picture of Mad Hatters cuffs that you posted , I have seen some lace almost like that that here at our Wal-Mart...if I can find it and have the money for it want me to get you some? Probably a couple of yards to be sure would do it.

Short Trooper (Diana)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Hey, I might have you do that...Let me get my screencaps together and I'll post them...There's like 5+ diffrent designs for the sleeve lace now. :shock: Thanks BTW

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Ok that may be a good idea...I will wait then for you to post the pictures t hen and then go looking for it...

ShortTRooper (Diana)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Working on it little by little.....

Refrence :

(That's the same ring. :D )

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Here's my pins, big one from UM :

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Wood spools, total cost as of now, about $8. (I bought a bag to many. :lol:) :

I didn't look for chain yet or anything. And I have like 8 left over incase I loose a few.

I also got some ribbon :
I still need like 2 more colors, but I'd like to find some fancy pants ones that have a cool design on them.

And then last of all, I found these pants at Goodwill. They're the strangest pair of pants I've ever seen, so I knew I had to have them. In person, you can't hardly see the blue stripes. :

Thoughts?

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Consider this almost ready to go. D Just need to trim the tops and bottoms to size.

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Post by River »

WOW

you're really outdoing yourself with this one.

Keep the pics comin'.

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

Darth Raizzar
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6312

Post by Darth Raizzar »

Spencer's has a hat & wig combo,

saw it in their store in Chicago Ridge mall.

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks guys! :D

Right now I have my eye on a black lace top hat...but I can't find it instock anywhere. But my plan would be to either use it as a base, or to be the scary evil Mad Hatter with a black scary evil hat. :lol:

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

darn, I mean darn thats too cool Jodo!
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! :D

First of all, realy good news. I scored a $100 MH tie for $35 shipped. :D

And second, I walked into an Antique store today, and found a box of about 400 vintage spools. :shock: I got these 4 for a buck. :D I didn't have any ref pics. with me, and unfortunatly, I had to pick out as many small ones as I could, because I was out of time before I even started going though them. I went though the 3 story store, and found these walking out. :?

But some say their thread was even mercurized. :lol:

Vintage Spools :

VS

Moderns Spools :

The vintage spools are all a lot larger than the modern ones. I'll most proboly mix and match them, and since I have so many extras (enough for an another belt....) I'll either sell the extras towards halloween, or make another belts and sell it.

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I got them all out last night, and numbered them. So now all I need to do it look at it's number, check my peice of paper, and I'll know exactly were it goes and what color thread it needs. But now I have to be aware that spiders love to live inside the little holes. LOL.

I ended up having exactly the number to make 3 spool bandoliers. NOT what I intended to do...But if I can make all the money back from this costume, plus a little...I'll do it. :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Excellent news (for me anyway, LOL.); I went through all my mom's thread, and I found near matches for each one of the colors, aside from one. :D