501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9637

47th Annual Waukesha Christmas Parade in Historic Downtown

Post by SL9637 »

47th Annual Waukesha Christmas Parade in Historic Downtown Waukesha
Sunday, Nov. 22 - 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM

It was a beautiful day for a parade. At four pm when the parade started it was still 57 degrees outside. This accounted for the large crowds of people in attendance. The Business Improvement District estimated that attendance was between 20 and 25 thousand. The crowd was very enthusiastic to see and hear Star Wars in the parade. The theme this year was Festival of Lights so I constructed a float which had one of Santa’s Workshops on it and decked it out in lights. In addition to this was the Burger King Inflatable Darth Vader from 2005 with a Christmas Tree, lighted gifts and a Ewok holding a present. Two Jawa’s (Briana Hagerstrand & Ingrid Frayer), one Padawan (Mikael Hagerstrand) and a Jedi (Marie Hagerstrand) rode on the float waving to the crowd. Walking behind the float was Michael Frayer wearing a Rubies Chewbacca, Debbie Zachariasen wearing a Darth Maul costume and myself DZ-9637 as a Tusken Raider. There was the usual picture taking, hugging and even some booing when people saw Darth Maul. One mom brought her son over and said Darth Maul was his favorite. He was not more than four-or-five years old. Maul shook his hand and his eyes got real big. Lots of people took pictures with Chewy and gave him lots of hugs. Even the Tusken Raider got a hug. Everyone in attendance had a blast and I look forward to doing the parade again next year.

Waukesha Christmas Parade video :
YouTube - Waukesha Holiday Parade 2009

Nov 28, 2009 ... FOX 6 Chief Meteorologist Vince Condella takes you behind-the scenes of being... The Waukesha Holiday Parade is always a lot of fun, ...
www.youtube.com/?v=HdlURfCSGSk - Cached