Moderator: Garrison Officers

seven skulls
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 6773

Discovery World Museum

Post by seven skulls »

My first troop and what a great event to do it at.
I didn't know what to expect when I strolled out into the museum after changing in the labs set aside for the 501st.
I suppose I thought that I'm just an Imperial crewman, who's going to give a care about seeing me with all the great armor and costuming going on.
I was happily surprised by some kids and adults who wanted to take pictures with me and talk to me about Star Wars. One kid even asked me for my autograph. :lol:
The 501st was well represented at the event and I hear that the attendance to the event doubled from last year to this year. That is great news for Make a Wish!
I carried around my "Crazy Blaster" (see build thread in the armory) all day and the kids enjoyed holding it when posing for pic.s. I really had fun with it when we set up a little range in the labs and had the kids take turns shooting the foam discs at a cardboard tube set on a chair. It was an impossible task as the silly gun isn't accurate and the lazer scope on top isn't set up for parallax at 10'! S, thank you for your help picking up the discs and reloading the blaster for me. The kids enjoyed it.
I didn't get a lot of pic.s but did shoot a few of the live casting bust and then the unveiling of the head in the labs after the event was over. It didn't turn out the best this time but was still a great demonstration for guests to see.
Towards the end of the day we ended up taking some pictures with a wedding party that some of our members knew but had no prior knowledge that their reception was to be held at DW the same day.
I just think it's so cool that they'll have us in their wedding album :D
Here's the link to the shot's I took, hope that you enjoy them.
Scotty

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp56 ... =slideshow

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Post by TI4438 »

I'm glad you enjoyed your first troop.Welcome to the fun.

CombatBaby
501st Member
501st Member

hey

Post by CombatBaby »

I was asked for my autograph as well when i was dressed up as Boba Fett :) glad we made peoples days. It was so fun.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.