Moderator: Garrison Officers

Dirty Scout
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1692

IL-Pekin Cub Scout CubORee Event 10-3-09

Post by Dirty Scout »

It was a chilly cloudy overcast day with hints of rain, as members of the Midwest Garrison gathered to get ready for a Cub Scout CubORee. This was our first year interacting with the Cub Scouts and the only thing that could have made it better was sunny weather.

Our host provided us with a secure changing area on the grounds of Mineral Springs Park in Pekin. I had arrived early to scout the location and realized it was quite a distance from the main events area. Figuring that it rained the day and night before, the ground was soft and muddy in many areas-not the best for a Sith Lord to make an appearance. Some us the troopers went old school and changed in the parking lot while others changed in a newly secured Restroom facility close to the Cub Scout Event stations.

We made it to the picture area a little late due to some technical difficulties and waiting for the nice older gentleman driving a golf cart who decided to get a trailer to tow us to our destination.

We were swarmed by Cubs and parents of the scouts. Over 300+ scouts were present. We took pictures, and even played a few games. Kyle even created a line up of Cubs wanting to try on his bucket. Kyle, also know as "That Guy" always tends to create a wild atmosphere with the kids. Whether it is getting attacked by kids with foam lightsabers or recruiting people to help him find his deffstaaarr, he knows how to have a good time.

We bugged out when the weather changed from slight drizzle to rain. And then the rain stopped and went back to drizzle. That was a bummer because I so wanted to see what "That Guy" would do next. Maybe next year we will know who can shoot an arrow better-the TIE Pilot, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, or Bounty Hunter.

Members attending:

Chip Childress: SL-9965 Darth Vader
Kyle Dorethy: TI-? TIE Pilot
Ryan Summers: TK-2429 Stormtrooper
Mark Berry: BH4265 Boba Fett
Kyle Rummel: TK-2526 wrangling
Kent Heath; TK-1692 Snowtrooper
Eric Harrison: (Friend of Legion) Anakin Skywalker
Jake Folger: (Friend of Legion) TIE Pilot

event photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/TK9965/Peki ... ison501st#
Last edited by Dirty Scout on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kent Heath
MWG Garrison Guard
MWG Charity Rep

"Go mbeidh an forsa leat"- May the Force Be With You.

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

Great pics!
I wanna ask, but I'm too jealous to :lol:

o331marine
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4982

Post by o331marine »

oh yeah you know it was "that guy".
MWG comic relief

501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7696

Post by 138 »

hahaha. That's a great pic , I so wish I could have gone!!!!
i'm so far from normal.
and it's funny cause that's where i live!!!!
#transparency

Dirty Scout
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1692

Post by Dirty Scout »

Just wanted to let you read the email I received:
Hi Kent,

You guys were SO fantastic Saturday! Thank you so much for coming out to our event. The parents and kids were really impressed with you guys.
Also, thanks to Anakin (mustafar) and the Tie Pilot who were willing to be pushed around on Cubmobiles by a bunch of hyper boys. i have already seen some Star Wars themed screensavers and wallpapers. :)

Let me know if you have any questions.
And thank you all again for the visit to the Cub Scout Launch. We have some super neat pictures and we just can't thank you enough.
Thanks!!

Sam Hou
Kent Heath
MWG Garrison Guard
MWG Charity Rep

"Go mbeidh an forsa leat"- May the Force Be With You.