Moderator: Garrison Officers

Targ
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 3853

IL.-Peoria Air Show 2009

Post by Targ »

The weather for the week was questionable at best (being drowned on the 4th being an example) the memory of last years weather and our location was paramount in our mind. Luckily we received a tremendous location where the children of the visitors to the airshow would be drawn to due to the inflatable rides in the same area. The Deathstar felt right at home with these other giant inflatables.
From on top of this fun filled plateau right next to our power source, our location allowed us a grand view of the airshow as well as drew more of the public to our tent. Many a tat was adhered to youngling limbs.
Our membership did brave 85 to 93 degree heat in over cast as well as direct sunlight.
Our set up gave us plenty of room with two 10'x20' tents side by side which provided some privacy for changing as well as protection from the sun. Good food with good friends and a great airshow. We should be back next year being our fifth year.

My thanks to all of our participants and those who drove a long way and those local members who gave of their time and energies to provide the public with the added enjoyment of meeting the Emperor's best.

Participants:
TI-3853 Jim DeJan Off Duty TIE, Event Coordinator
ID-1802 Emily DeJan Costume support
TI-1692 Kent Heath The ever versitile Stormtrooper, Young Obiwan, Tusken Raider, Event Co-Coordinator
TI 5126 Steve Veile TIE Pilot
TK-0118 Tom Schaefer Stormtrooper/wall climber/bungietrooper
TK 1819 Eric Scheuermann Stormtrooper
TI 9131 Jeffrey S Baron TIE Pilot & Off Duty TIE
BH 4265 Mark C Berry Boba Fett Plus The Infamous Berry Clan
SL 3193 Michael W Olson Darth Vader
IG TBA Lisa Olson Imperial Gunner

Slideshow

TK-118 Slideshow
Last edited by Targ on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Served the Empire as Jolly Roger Squadron Detachment Leader 2005-2013
Now serves as Mentor,
and Shadow Commander.

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Post by TI4438 »

Got any more pics?We finally made Bartlett,this one is next on the radar for 2010.

TI5126
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 5126

Post by TI5126 »

Two of the most fun moments (aside from Tom's exploits in TK armor) were, Saturday, walking around and this little boy & his brother come up and give Tom & Jeff the biggest hugs you'd ever see, then he stands next to me holding my hand as their picture is taken with us. (which I have pics of but won't post anywhere)

And on Sunday, we were milling around by the main runway & this little boy in a Boba Fett TShirt comes up to us all excited, "Look at my shirt!! Look who's on my shirt!!" running around to all of us saying that. It was so awesome seeing how excited he was.

This is the 4th year I've done this event and it seems to get better every year.

*edit* I posted this is the planning thread, but I'll put it here too. Here's a link to my pics (although those on Facebook or myspace have seen them there)
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/St ... show%2009/

Steve "Steel" Veile
TI-5126
DS-051

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

Nice pics. Maybe next year i can make it out there as well.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

Targ
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Targ »

Prairie Air Show
2010 Prairie Air
Show Countdown
Since we don't know the exact date yet, we'll say 11 months +/- and counting.
JOIN OUR LIST
Join Our Mailing List
A HUGE Prairie Air Show THANK YOU to all the volunteers.
As many of you already know the Prairie Air Show is done entirely by volunteers. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who donated their time and effort to make this year's show a success. This is very literally one of those events that could not have been done without you!
THANK - YOU!

July 18 2009
Dear Jim,

Well the 2009 25th Anniversary Prairie Air Show is behind us. I hope you agree but I think we did the 25th Anniversary proud. The weather cooperated and was almost perfect, the performers were outstanding and things seemed to go smoothly.
I have been checking the comments on "Air Show Buzz" about the Prairie Air Show and almost all the comments have been very positive, (okay, we'll talk to the man upstairs about a better sky on Sunday to shoot the planes against next year for the photographers, but from the shots that have been posted, you guys did great).
We will start planning for 2010 next week so if you have any thoughts or areas we can improve, please let us know through the e-mail link on www.prairieair.org.
We do not have a final count on attendance yet for this year, but feel it will be at least equal to last year.
Thank you to everyone who came out to the show and helped make the 25th Anniversary Prairie Air Show a success. We sincerely hope you had a great experience.
As we get information on 2010 we'll send it out, so continue to watch your e-mails for updates.
Thank you for your interest and support of the Prairie Air Show.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU!
to all our different type of sponsors, . Your support and help enabled us to provide the great event we think it was to the people of central Illinois and beyond who attended.
Just as with our volunteers this event could not happen with you.
Thank you for your support of the Prairie Air Show.
Now serves as Mentor,
and Shadow Commander.

Targ
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Targ »

Show Countdown
Since we still don't know the exact date yet, we'll still say 11 months +/- and counting.
JOIN OUR LIST
Join Our Mailing List

Aug. 2 2009
Dear Jim,

Well it still appears that the 2009 Prairie Air Show was a great success. We are still sifting through all the details but so far things look pretty good.
We have already started planning for 2010 and even have lined up one of the performers for next year already. It's a new performance that we have not had at the air show and looks very exciting and fun.

Don't forget if you have any thoughts or areas, we can improve, please let us know through the e-mail link on www.prairieair.org.
Again thank you to everyone who came out to the show and helped make the 25th Anniversary Prairie Air Show a success. We sincerely hope you had a great experience.

Thank you for your interest and support of the Prairie Air Show.
Now serves as Mentor,
and Shadow Commander.