Moderator: Garrison Officers

JKOutcast
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9772

Trek Fest 2009 - HM George Takei Inducted

Post by JKOutcast »

As some of you already know, this past weekend marked the 25th Anniversary of Trek Fest in Riverside Iowa. To celebrate this milestone along with the achievement of "Star Trek Canon" status (for the town of Riverside) thanks to the new Star Trek film, Trek Fest invited three major Star Trek actors to join in the festivities; Walter Koenig (Chekov), Michelle Nichols (Uhura) and George Takei (Sulu). So we decided it was an ideal opportunity to Induct Mr Takei as an Honorary Member (the first Major Trek Actor HM) in celebration of his role in the Clone Wars Animated series as Lok Durd.

We had a record number of Troopers turnout for this event despite the brutal heat this year to support this unprecidented event. The majority of which were of course my own Central Garrison Troopers, but there were a few RL members as well as a couple of the Mid-West Garrison's finest; Steve Veile TI-5126 and James Norman TK-8114.

In appreciation for their conrtributions of time, energy and making the "trek" all the way there in addition to contributing funds to help pay for the Plaque and Badge, I have asked that the Mid-West Garrison be named as Co-Sponsors and Co-Inductors of George Takei as an Honorary Member. These two Troopers were indeed a pleasure to Troop with and are a credit to your Garrison.

Steve, Jim, Thank you again for all you outstanding support Gentlemen! *SALUTE*
Chris CAndyman Andrews
Legion Captain Of The Guard

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Post by iam8114 »

And for the fourty-second time, thanks for inviting me. It was a pleasure and an honor.
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

TI5126
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 5126

Post by TI5126 »

Total blast to troop this again. And lots of fun "leading the troops" during the parade :D

Steve "Steel" Veile
TI-5126
DS-051