Moderator: Garrison Officers

tk7472
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7472

IL-Morris Company Children's Holiday Party

Post by tk7472 »

A small group of Midwest Garrison members participated in a company Christmas party organized by Exelon Nuclear LaSalle county station for the children of employees. This is a yearly party that is geared to children of all ages with rides, games, music, pictures with Santa and other activities. Admission to the party for each employee child is a coat or hat/gloves/scarf set which are donated through local charities to needy are children.

This year Exelon asked me if the Garrison would be interested in coming out to just interact with the kids and do photo ops. ID3052, SL3193, crix, and myself (tk7472) came out and it was a great time. We were a hit with the kids and adults alike. We spent about 3 hours geared up playing with the kids and posing for pictures. The highlights of the event were getting our pictures with Santa :lol: and dancing the "hokey pokey" with the kids. The musician said "I grew up terrified of Darth Vader, I find seeing him doing the hokey pokey oddly comforting.

In exchange for our appearance Exelon made a $200 donation to the Illinois Chapter of Make-A-Wish. They do this party every December and based on the feedback I received, I bet they will invite us back next year. Sorry I don't have many pics, but there were a couple Exelon hired, professional photographers there; I will see if I can get my hands on some of their pics after the holidays when I return to work.

Thanks a ton to those that came out, especially ID3052 and crix who came out for this on the 12th in some really bad weather only to have the event got rescheduled at the last minute due to the weather. Thanks a lot for coming out again and making it a great troop. And thanks to SL3193, having a Vader always sells it with the kids.

Here's the couple pics I have. (yes Santa's lightsaber technique is unfortunate)

2010 Christmas 1 by tk7472, on Flickr

2010 Christmas2 by tk7472, on Flickr

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

AWESOME!!

I am so glad you guys were able to pull it off!

Thank Exelon also for the donation to MAW....
it was very generous of them...

I am still battling flu, nausea and a cold...
so I really didn't leave the house again this weekend..

:cry:

SL3193
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 3193

Post by SL3193 »

The troop was a lot of fun and the changing accommodations were top notch. Let's face it, big room with full length mirrors and a private bathroom, we were spoiled in style.