Moderator: Garrison Officers

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1951

Lockport-Tom's BD 11-19-2010

Post by Schph Gochi »

A request came through the 501st message boards for us to attend Tom's 7th Birthday Party in Lockport IL. Even though this was an early event (4:15 PM) on a Friday, we were able pull it off.

My sincere thanks to Steve Szyndrowski for joining me for this troop.

We put together a little plan for our arrival, I went in first and had the birthday boy help me with a Force push when Steve arrived. We then did the old Jedi mind trick to have Steve join us in a round of "Hot Thermal Detonator" with the boys.

After our game, we took some photos with all the boys and as Steve came out of the Jedi mind trick...he chased me from the room.

My thanks to the family who gave us an over the top generous gift of a check for Make-A-Wish in the amount of $150.00.

I am always a little nervous when I do parties...even though I have done many...because one never knows what to expect. Most of the time I have as much fun at these as the kids and I always enjoy meeting and talking with Star Wars fans. Tom and his Dad are true Star Wars fans....you might have met them at Chicago Comic Con as they were by our table.

Participants:

Steve Szyndrowski –TK 3052
Phyllis Schulte - TK 1951 - Jedi

More Photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... 1-19-2010/
Last edited by Schph Gochi on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

What clever ideas! Great work!
Y'all rock!!
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Post by TI4438 »

I love that first pic!

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

I got this nice message from Tom's mom:

Phyllis please CC this to Steve, I wish I had thought in advance to get both of your address so I could send you "proper" thank you's!

We can not thank you both enough for coming to Tommy's party, all of the boys were blown away! We watched the video last night and it bought tears to my eyes when I saw how many of the boys had their jaws drop open in disbelief that there was a Jedi and a Stormtrooper right in front of them. When their parents came in to pick them up I heard things like "Dad your not going to believe this but there was a STORMTROOPER here!", or "Mom, there was a Jedi with a lightsaber, I got to hold it - it was awesome", "Dad we need to go home and watch Star Wars", or my favorite "I finally got to hold a thermal detonator". You both made the party great, I am sure it was something none of the boys will ever forget.

Steve your size makes you an intimadating (and very belivable) Stormtrooper and none of the boys wanted to turn their back on you to play hot potato! Speaking of hot potato they all LOVED playing with a Thermal Detonator, I couldn't think of a more perfect game for them to have played. After you left there was a heated debate among to boys if you both were "real" or not. Most of them were convinced with out a shadow of a doubt that they met a Jedi and Stormtrooper. Thank you both so much for making Tommy's party unforgetable, please keep up your selfless work for the Make A Wish foundation, they are an amazing organization and they are lucky to have the 501st, Rebel Legion and Jedi Assembly behind them. None of the boys at the party are sick, but you made so many wishes come true Friday night, THANK YOU again.

Rebecca, Mike and Tommy Lorkiewicz

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Wow what a nice letter and a great turn out at the party!

You both looked great and the kids had a fantastic time...loved the kids comments the mom put in the letter as to if you guys were real Jedi and Stormtrooper :D :D :D Some times you wish you could be a fly on the wall and just watch & hear every thing (And hope no one hits you with a fly swatter! :wink: )

Diana (ShortTrooper )
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!