IL- Rockford Riverhawks- 6/30/10

Post by psykojedi7956 »

Troopers in attendance:
Anthony - SL7956
Cheryl -TB3127
Joe – TI1296
Steve – ID3052
Jen- SL5365 (photog/support)

On July 31st, 2010, the Rockford Riverhawks hosted Star Wars/Scouts/Down Syndrome Awareness night. Throughout the night, they had various events for those in attendance, such as SW trivia- where someone in attendance had to guess who said the clips heard- during the 3rd inning, the t-shirt throw-out during the 5th inning (which we were honored to do), and eyeball race during the 7th inning, just to name a few. Each of the players had a SW character as their profile picture on the scoreboard.

We were rock stars as we took pictures with those in attendance, signing autographs, and handing out cards. We suited up an hour before the first pitch and stayed in uniform until about the middle of the 6th as the crowd allowed us to get back to the changing room after throwing shirts out during the 5th (and food was starting to sound and smell too good to avoid any longer). After we got into our civvies, we watched the rest of the game as the management staff were generous enough to provide us with water and Gatorade to stay hydrated during the game and tickets for seats to use when we no longer were interacting with the fans, as well as tickets for a hot dog/chip/soda package (which was a surprise as we got these as we were walking out, talking about getting some of the food we kept smelling); the Riverhawk staff was awesome!!

Here's pictures from the game

A few favorites:
Just a couple G's
Steve and I BARELY fit into the lamborghini, but if you want one for yourself free, go to freelambo.com.
"will you sign this?"
"Sorry, Lord Vader. I'll remember my blaster next time"
"For the last time, I'm not Vader; I'm a TIE PILOT! You know that, Whinter. And we really shouldn't be talking on our phones while on duty"

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

Looks like it was a blast. Great troop gang. Love how you guys look like giants in that car.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

I love that photo of Steve and the little boy looking up at him and handing him a paper to autograph (?) ....that photo is priceless!!

psykojedi7956
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7956

Post by psykojedi7956 »

Schph Gochi wrote: ...handing him a paper to autograph (?)
That was one of the new recruitment trading cards. I had a handful & Steve was handing them out.

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

Also...since the MWG was invited to this event as a fund raiser for Easter Seals....
we can claim "indirect donation" in our Charity Totals...

If you can find out how much $$ was raised for Easter Seals from this event...
please post or send me a pm so I can add it in the indirect charity totals...

:wink:

Whinter
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3127

Post by Whinter »

My pictures are only from after we got out of costume to watch a little of the game and get something to snack on.

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x273 ... iverhawks/