Moderator: Garrison Officers

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7345

Re: IL-Plainfield/60544-SW Reads Plainfield Library-SAT 10/6

Post by woulf »

Members of the Midwest Garrison and Nar Shaddaa Base arrived at the Plainfield Library to take part in Star Wars Reads Day. The event turned out to be a huge event for the library. The event brought in over 400 people to take part in activities, games, and of course, get their picture taken with us :mrgreen:

The Library did an incredible job setting everything up. we had a nice open room to set up...with fans to help keep it cooler, and water and juice were provided. The Library contact also had her husband stand in as Vader for the event. He is actually a member of the Sith Lords detachment boards and built his Costume as close to the standards as he could for a wedding a few years ago. Since originally they didnt believe they would have any of us, he agree'd to dust off his Vader and fill the void. I and others in our group answered several questions and gave encouragement to joining the 501st. I know Phyllis talked in length to the "Jedi family" about becoming members as well, so a great troop with some new potential members out there.

I didnt get to see much of the activities because as soon as I and Vader came out, we were mobbed at the bottom of the stairs, and pretty much stayed there the majority of the troop I did have my daughter bring out some of the younglings and i know they had a great time with the lightsaber limbo, and making an ewok puppet :mrgreen:

Here's the Email I received from our contact:
Hi Steve,
Thanks again for helping us out on Saturday. We had over 400 people attend the event and the characters were definitely the highlight.You were all awesome! I'm betting that Star Wars Reads Day will be an annual event. I'll let you know as soon as I hear because we definitely would like to have you back.

All of the pictures from Saturday are on the Library's Flickr page. Please feel free to pass them along. http://www.flickr.com/photos/plainfield ... ydistrict/

Thanks again!!
Veronica
Great job to everyone who helped me on one of my first coordinated troops. :thumbs:

2 hours per trooper

7345 Steve Mammen TK
8310 Robert Hamilton Captain Rex
4185 David Obaidallah Handler
1951 Phyllis Schulte Jedi
4838 Janine Jender Princess Leia
RL Pat Phinney Jedi
R2-D2 Artoo Gochi

A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: IL-Plainfield/60544-SW Reads Plainfield Library-SAT 10/6

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job!