501st Legion ID: 3127

IL - Vernon Hills - SW Reads Day - 10/6/12

Post by Whinter »

Star Wars Reads – Aspen Drive Library - Vernon Hills, IL

October 6, 2012

TOD:
Chris Spice (7306) - Sandtrooper
Cheryl Whitaker (3127) - Scout

I arrived at 10:00 to meet with our contact and go over the layout of their activities. They had a great setup, with all sorts of fun activities for the younglings to participate in. They had Jedi Training, a “spin the wheel” game for prizes, a lightsaber building room, coloring station, game station, and several arts and crafts areas.

I started suiting up around 10:15 and was prepared to do the event flying solo. However, as I was fastening my boots, I looked up and saw another trooper coming in the door. It was Chris Spice. It was a great surprise and I was so glad to have him join me. We were suited up and ready to make our entrance at 10:30.

The library staff also dressed in their best Star Wars gear. Most of the kids, and even full families, came dressed up as well! They were definitely prepared for fun. We had a great time. The kids were great and the staff was so nice. They even armed themselves with both mine and Chris’s cameras, ready to take several photos of the event for us. A great shout out to them for their hospitality and help!!

We stayed until Noon and then partially suited down before we made our exit to join our fellow troopers at our next gig… Star Wars Reads Day at the Barnes and Noble in Spring Hill Mall in West Dundee at 1:30. We made it there just shortly after 1:00. Perfect timing.
:thumbs:

THANK YOU FOR JOINING ME, SPICE!!!! So glad you were able to make it.

More photos:
http://s1099.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... on%20Hills
Spice's Photos:
http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/sw_r ... vernhills/

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Re: IL - Vernon Hills - SW Reads Day - 10/6/12

Post by TI4438 »

The was a whole lotta troopin' goin' on lately.

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: IL - Vernon Hills - SW Reads Day - 10/6/12

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD upated