MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 3127

IL Lake in the Hills - Brian's 5th Birthday - 9/7/13

Post by Whinter »

Brian’s 5th Birthday party – Lake in the Hills, IL

September 7, 2013

This party was the closest troop I’ve ever had to travel to. I could literally see the party from my driveway! How often do you get to do that?

Anyway, Patrick Lewis showed up at my house to suit up and about 15 minutes later, we walked over to the party. We were greeted by Brian’s dad (Dave), who led us into the backyard where the kids were playing and bouncing around in the bouncy castle that was set up. When they saw us, most of them came running (except for a few that were not quite sure of us, deciding it was safer to just watch us from the shelter of the bouncy castle).

We took some photos with the kids that were a little more comfortable around us, then we started with some games. First was Hot Thermal Detonator, which is always a hit. Second was Star Wars Bingo. With a little help from the adults, each of the kids eventually got a BINGO and won a prize.

We hung around for a little longer and visited with the kids (and adults), then made our exit back to my house to suit down and cool off. This was a fantastic family and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves.

A generous donation of $50.00 was made to the American Lung Association for our appearance.

2 Troopers x 1 Hour

Tour of Duty:
Patrick Lewis (52809) – Stormtrooper
Cheryl Whitaker (3127) – Biker Scout

A few photos and a special “thank you” from the parents:
http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/Midwe ... t=3&page=1

“You and Patrick were just all kinds of awesome! We all loved it, parents and kids alike! Obviously you saw the pics I posted up on Facebook. I should have taken more, but if I come across any of the others via the parents that took some, I will continue to share there, of course!

Again, can't thank you enough for being the huge hit of the party!! The kid's haven't stopped talking about it ("they were in my room"!!!!)

:)

Best,
Dave”

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Re: IL Lake in the Hills - Brian's 5th Birthday - 9/7/13

Post by TI4438 »

Well done,troops. :thumbs:

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job!! :thumbs:

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

Sent to Charity Blog and added to Charity totals...

Glad you were able to do this one as I had met the Dad at Cheryl's SW inspired Garage Sale and know that the items that he bought from me went to a true fan.