Moderator: Garrison Officers

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 4034

Il-Chicago/60637 - Comer Childrens Hospital - Thurs 8/14/14

Post by gazmosis »

If there was ever an appearance that defined what the 501st Legion was meant to do, this was it. The Midwest Garrison received a call that a friend's nephew was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma ( a brain/nervous system cancer). His name is Chris Ellis and he is 4 years old. He didn't even know he was sick until something bad showed up on an MRI. Little Chris is a huge Star Wars fan and his favorite character is "Dawth Vaydoo!"
We were told that we needed to act quickly as his future was still to be decided. The Garrison rallied together on SHORT notice and several member took time to travel great distances and apply complicated make-up to make a sick little boy's dream come true. Toys, coloring books, apparel, and crayons were gathered. Luckily, this brave little boy was in good spirits and when Steve Gaza (TK 4034) entered the room and introduced himself. Steve described who he was and told Chris that he was friends with some pretty cool people that flew in from all corners of the galaxy to meet him! First to be introduced and enter the room was bounty hunter Boussh, then a T.I.E. fighter pilot, then Boba Fett, then, Darth Maul. Everyone in the room including Chris was astonished. Then Steve asked Chris who his favorite guy was. Chris said in a quiet little voice, "Dawth Vadoo!" With those words the famous "breathing" was heard and Chris's hero walked through the door.
It was a sacred moment for both Chris, his Family, the hospital staff, and the Midwest Garrison. After several nervous minutes and a few "high fives", Chris asked, "Can I play my video games now?" Everyone broke out in laughter!!!
Our work there was done.
The troopers went on to take a few pics with hospital staff. "You just don't see things like this every day!!!!"
Blessings to all troopers who attended on very short notice!!!!
Mike Olson SL 3193 Darth Vader
Ted Ruler SL 36285 Darth Maul
Ed Krzyzowski TI 4438 T.I.E. Pilot
Rudy Grasha BH 3620 Boba Fett
Shannon Buetsch BH 82371 Boussh
Steve Gaza TK 4034 Emcee/handler

ImageImageImagegreatest high five ever
ImageThe doctor tried to find a beating heart.....NOPE!!!
Image Little Chris's Uncle wanted some Vader "love" for himself!!!
ImageFun with the staff!!

Get well soon, Chris!!! We need you in uniform soon, our little Trooper!!!!

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Re: Il-Chicago/60637 - Comer Childrens Hospital - Thurs 8/14

Post by Schph Gochi »

Amazing job...

Hats off to all!!!

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Wow! Great job! :thumbs:

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Post by TI4438 »

This is why I joined the Legion.No better way to troop.Well done on putting this together,Steve. :thumbs: