In need of some input

A place for members and prospective members to show and discuss their costume builds.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Areaves88
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

In need of some input

Post by Areaves88 »

Hello everybody im new to this. Im almost done with my ANH stunt stormtrooper the last things i have left to complete are the shins. But i need some input on my left thigh. i think if i was to send my approval pics they would frown on this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hunterkiller86
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 19865

Re: In need of some input

Post by Hunterkiller86 »

Areaves88 wrote:Hello everybody im new to this. Im almost done with my ANH stunt stormtrooper the last things i have left to complete are the shins. But i need some input on my left thigh. i think if i was to send my approval pics they would frown on this?
for base level, no. if you were going for centurion, you would need to have the strip cover all the return edges.
costumes
ANH TK
Imperial Officer
Imperial Scanning Crew (ESB)

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: In need of some input

Post by Avatar190 »

IMG_5683.PNG
That v-shaped double point where the red lines are doesn't look that good. I would consider trimming away the green circled area to make that a flat edge, single point (if that makes sense). And, if you're concerned about the return edge, don't be...it's ok to not have them there. If you still want a return edge for that "thicker" armor look, you can use some boiling water to soften the ABS at the top there, and carefully bend the cut to make a new return edge.

You could also put a different cover strip there, and bring it all the way to the top (covering the 'V'), and cutting it to shape.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We need no longer fear the banana.