Moderator: Garrison Officers

emmzone22
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 21470

08/20-21/17 SUN-MON - SIU Eclipse Day/Comic Con - Carbondale

Post by emmzone22 »

This was a 2 day event with the Eclipse Comic Con being on Sunday and the climax being the eclipse on Monday. We were represented by 5 Garrisons and Indiana based, Mos Espa of the Rebel Legion. The Con on Sunday took part inside in air conditioning, with the eclipse on Monday being all outside. We were in costume for 5 hours for the eclipse on Monday. Everyone agreed that the eclipse on Monday was the hottest troop that each of us has done. The temperatures was well into the mid-90's and the heat index well into the 100's. Obviously the troop on Monday was, well...outside!

Although a charitable donation wasn't made, the 501st had a lot of exposure through various media outlets. There were 80 media outlets from around the world, and we were interviewed and/or photographed by several including Univision, NASA, Fox, the Weather Channel, the Washington Post, ABC 7 Chicago, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Australian News, and Swedish News among others. We were even videoed for an IMAX documentary.

Usually I'm the one driving the longest distance, but in this case we had troopers from Chicago, northeast Indiana, Missouri, and Texas. The drive home wasn't fun. We had people that took over 12 hours to get home when it should've been less than half that. A 2-1/2 hour drive for me took over 7 hours. Everyone agreed though, it was worth it. This was not only my favorite troop, but a favorite event of anything I've ever done. We're all looking forward to the next eclipse in 2024.

Sunday 10:00 - 3:00

Chris Stewart - 21470 TK
Blair Douglass - 12266 Rey
Jorge Medina - 74126 TI

Monday 9:00 - 2:00

Chris Stewart - 21470 TK
Blair Douglass - 12266 Princess Leia
Jorge Medina - 74126 TI

Other Garrisons:
Richard Heffernan - 70th Explorers
Bradley Lawrence - Star Garrison
Matthew Jackson - Mando
Mickey Dildine - 70th Explorers Garrison
Steve Thompson - Bloodfin Garrison
Tim Helbing - Northern Darkness Garrison
Jeff Siegle - Mos Espa
Damien "D" Anne Siegle - Mos Espa
Christan Medina
Michael Medina
Samantha Medina
Travis Salisbury

Thanks to all who came!!!
Chris Stewart

Image Image

MadCelt
Imperial Recruit

Re: 08/20-21/17 SUN-MON - SIU Eclipse Day/Comic Con - Carbon

Post by MadCelt »

It was a good gig.

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: 08/20-21/17 SUN-MON - SIU Eclipse Day/Comic Con - Carbon

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. It was the coolest thing I've seen as well! Too bad I couldn't have caught up to you guys - I was on the north side of town. Great job! :thumbs: