Moderator: Garrison Officers

TKay-Tee
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 43033

05/04/16 Lurie's Childrens Hospital - Chicago

Post by TKay-Tee »

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016, two Stormtroopers and two Jedi visited with children at the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. We mostly stayed in the Family Life Center, which is a respite area for their inpatient families. The Family Life Center is a medical free zone, so no doctors or nurses can come in to do a procedure on the patient. They hope that patients see the center as an area where they can be kids and play freely.

WHAT a joy and privilege it is to bring some much needed smiles to these special younglings and their families!

We received the following message from Lurie's after our troop:
On behalf of the patients, families and staff at Lurie Children’s, we would like to thank all of you for coming to visit with our patients at the Star Wars Day event. Everything was fantastic and we really appreciate you, and other members of the 501st Legion - Midwest Garrison Group, visiting on what sounded like a very busy day. Please extend our thanks to your husband and the two Jedi for making the day very special for our patients and parents. I have attached a picture of one of the patients who was a huge fan.

Over and over again, we hear from families that the child-friendly and the family-friendly comforts they find at Lurie Children’s are what their children remember most about being in the hospital. Because of the support of generous people like you we are able to extend this kind of family-centered environment, which is so important to our patients, outside the walls of the hospital. I was laughing on my way home thinking of the four of you walking down the street in your costumes to visit the Ronald McDonald families. I am sure you got lots of attention!
Please let us know if there is anything you need. We would love to collaborate with you again soon!
Best,
Nicole N. Loughran, MA, LPC
Family Life Center Coordinator
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
Lurie's Maythe4th 2016-3.jpg
Lurie's Maythe4th 2016.jpg
Troopers:
Steve Nowik - TK91899 (Stormtrooper)
Katie Nowik - TK43033 (Stormtrooper)
Jason Stoxen - Rebel Legion Jedi
Tim Jarmusz - Rebel Legion Jedi

Two hour event x 4 troopers = 8 hours total volunteer hours
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Katie
TKay-Tee
(TK43033)

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: 05/04/16 Lurie's Childrens Hospital - Chicago

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job! :thumbs: