New Candidate

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

CWard
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 81477

New Candidate

Post by CWard »

Good Morning

My name is Chris and I am very much new here. Thanks for allowing me into the forum. I live in New Lenox, Il and work full time with the New Lenox Fire Protection District. I am a life long fan of everything Star Wars and I have been watching and following the 501st for some time now and I am very impressed with the organization and what they do. It wasn't until I seen what was done for my son's friend, a cancer surveyor here in New Lenox, that really sealed it for me. I want to be apart of a group that brings joy to others like I saw done for him.

I want to begin this journey as a Stormtrooper. With that being said, I need guidance and help. I would like to make/build the best I can. I believe what I read from the Tk reference library was a level three certification. I am a pretty handy individual but I like to do thing right the first time so again, I appreciate all the help I could get.

Also, and I don't know if this is common practice, but like the fire service, is it possible to get a "mentor" that lives in my area to guide me as I start off on this journey?

Thanks in advance and look forward to hear from anyone and everyone

Chris Ward

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 51114

Re: New Candidate

Post by Chills »

Hi Chris, and welcome to the board!

Good choice for a first costume. Of course I am also a TK, so I'm biased.

Have you signed up for the FISD board? That is where you'll find everything you need to know about building TK armor.

As for a mentor, there are many of us on the board, here, that would be happy to help you out. We've also got the TK master, gazmosis, in our Garrison.

Sign up for FISD and start reading threads on where to get armor. Level 3 is called Centurion, and its easier to achieve this with some armor makers over others.

CWard
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by CWard »

Thank you for your response. I have joined the FISD Board as advised and plan on reading everything I can. After reading a few thread I can up with a few more questions right off the start. Sorry I tend to ask a lot. One in particular advised to contact a local garrison and get involved with other Imperial costumers. Is this something done after purchasing a kit and needing advice in the construction? Or is there someone in the garrison that sells kits already approved by the 501st?

Coin
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12108

Post by Coin »

No kits come pre approved as the "making" of them can be to varied but ANOVOS has a great deal on TK armor right now and we have several amazing builders here who will help you put it together.

Welcome and if you ever want to be Tusken look me up.......I'm all about the advice
DZ-12108
Kim Worley

CWard
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by CWard »

Thank you for you reply. Actually, when I was considering the what route to go, the Tusken was in my top 5.

CWard
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by CWard »

Thank you for you reply. Actually, when I was considering the what route to go, the Tusken was in my top 5.

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

CWard911 wrote:Thank you for your response. I have joined the FISD Board as advised and plan on reading everything I can. After reading a few thread I can up with a few more questions right off the start. Sorry I tend to ask a lot. One in particular advised to contact a local garrison and get involved with other Imperial costumers. Is this something done after purchasing a kit and needing advice in the construction? Or is there someone in the garrison that sells kits already approved by the 501st?

The kits you're looking for are sold by individuals, which you'll find contact info on FISD. ANOVOS, like Coin said, also makes armor. Their price is so far the lowest, but they have yet to actually produce and ship a set of TK. There are a lot of us very interested in how things will turn out. I've purchased a set of TK from them.

There are a few people on this board working on TK armor, ATM. They don't post up too much; I think most build threads and questions are over on FISD.

First thing you should do is decide on which armor maker you'll order from. Then start collecting your other parts: boots, neck seal, strapping and snaps, tools, undersuit, etc. Once your big brown box arrives you'll start building the armor to fit your body. When you finish your build, submit your 501st application, and you're done!

You can ask as many questions as you'd like. We all were in your shoes when we started. :) So fire away.

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

I just wanted to post up saying that it's great to see another new trooper in the making, and even cooler to see an enthusiastic new recruit like Chills already helping the next aspiring troops to achieve their dreams of joining the mighty Midwest Garrison!
Troopers helping troopers -- that's what it's all about!
:bucketsoff:
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

Thanks Boss! Everyone in the MWG and FISD has given me a ton of help. Its my way of giving back. :thumbs: