"other" requirements for full costume

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TKay-Tee
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 43033

"other" requirements for full costume

Post by TKay-Tee »

My husband and I have deposits down and are waiting to receive our TK armor. We have also purchased the gloves and holster. Is there list of other required 'accessories' to complete our costume? Also, any suggestions for where we can obtain our weapons that are '501st approved'? We are anxious to officially join the 501sts Midwest Garrison and want to have all pieces ready to go. Thanks!
Katie
TKay-Tee
(TK43033)

dravin
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 24543

Re: "other" requirements for full costume

Post by dravin »

I’m a rookie but the “required” accessories I have come across that I can think of are , E-11 blaster, holster, canvas belt, maybe some thermal detonator clips if you don’t want to make your own, paint/decals for helmet depending on which way you want to go, neck seal, the “strapping system” for your armor a lot of people use snaps but there are other methods out there, the black under suit, boots and I’m sure there is more but this is what I thought of off the top of my head.

For the E-11 blaster some people do what is called a DoopyDoo conversation of the Hasbro toy blaster buying a kit to add onto the toy while other people get a kit that lets them build a complete blaster from scratch. I don’t think that for Centurion status you can use the Hasbro toy conversion. I guarantee you there are people here who know way more than me but at least it is a start. Also I don’t know of a list but here is the link to the 501st TK armor breakdown and maybe the FISD has a complete list.
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

TKay-Tee
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TKay-Tee »

Thanks! Looks like all items/kits are on order except for the neck seal and boots. The wait is KILLING ME! LOL
Katie
TKay-Tee
(TK43033)

Sarge
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6074

Post by Sarge »

knowik wrote:My husband and I have deposits down and are waiting to receive our TK armor. We have also purchased the gloves and holster. Is there list of other required 'accessories' to complete our costume? Also, any suggestions for where we can obtain our weapons that are '501st approved'? We are anxious to officially join the 501sts Midwest Garrison and want to have all pieces ready to go. Thanks!
Awesome news that we have more members joining up. Ok, first thing you can do is go over and check out FISD, they have everything related to TK's. I would highly suggest contacting a few people before you build anything so that everything comes together as planned. It is a a lot of work and buying a kit is just the first step. Research everything so take your time and do it right. Trust me the last thing you want to have happen is to make a mistake and have to buy replacement parts and wait longer for completion.

I would contact these two people for TK support:
Steve Gaza AKA Gazmosis- Steve is one of the top TK builders in the legion and resides in the midwest garrison. You can also contact Carlos mendoza AKA solcar.
both of them should be able to assist you in building a TK.

If at any point you decide to dirty up the armor and go sandtrooper you can contact me for help.

Take care and good luck,

Sarge Td6074

Sarge
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6074

Post by Sarge »

dravin wrote:I’m a rookie but the “required” accessories I have come across that I can think of are , E-11 blaster, holster, canvas belt, maybe some thermal detonator clips if you don’t want to make your own, paint/decals for helmet depending on which way you want to go, neck seal, the “strapping system” for your armor a lot of people use snaps but there are other methods out there, the black under suit, boots and I’m sure there is more but this is what I thought of off the top of my head.

For the E-11 blaster some people do what is called a DoopyDoo conversation of the Hasbro toy blaster buying a kit to add onto the toy while other people get a kit that lets them build a complete blaster from scratch. I don’t think that for Centurion status you can use the Hasbro toy conversion. I guarantee you there are people here who know way more than me but at least it is a start. Also I don’t know of a list but here is the link to the 501st TK armor breakdown and maybe the FISD has a complete list.
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt
Different blaster makers provide somewhat of a realistic approach but it all comes down to what level you are shooting for.
Scifire produces light weight blasters and is considered great for trooping, An all wood based gun may or may not fit your needs and then there can be even a metal gun reworked but a bit heavy. Again, I would have to point you in the direction of Gazmosis. He makes leather holsters, and sometimes makes outstanding blasters for TK's when he has available time. I would try and contact him for advice. Centurion status is a whole different animal and is not needed for 501st approval.

Sarge

TKay-Tee
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TKay-Tee »

Thanks so much, Sarge!!! This is so exciting. Everything on order... just waiting for the brown boxes to start arriving!!! AHHHHH!!! :)
Katie
TKay-Tee
(TK43033)

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 51114

Post by Chills »

Thanks for posting about this. I've been reading the threads on FISD and it looks like the DoopyDoo kits are pretty popular. Once gazmosis has more time I'm going to hit him up for advice on where to start. I'm going for the ESB version of the E-11.