Think we are going with Authentic Props!

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TKay-Tee
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 43033

Think we are going with Authentic Props!

Post by TKay-Tee »

WOW! Lots to research, but I think my husband and I are going with Authentic props. Only a 4 week wait vs. 9 months. I've also researched reviews and so far, the reviews are overwhelmingly in favor of this company! Can't wait. Since I found this company on whitearmor.net, can I assume that what I will be getting will be acceptable to join the Midwest Garrison? After all, that is the whole point! :)
Katie
TKay-Tee
(TK43033)

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 71463

Re: Think we are going with Authentic Props!

Post by DarSec »

Nice choice. I went ATA because I am CHEAP and ATA also has an awesome reputation. Should have mine in a month or less. I did go with TM for my Hero helmet because he makes the best Hero. Be sure to post your build threads here. I never get tired of seeing them and you quickly find who are the respected and followed builders.
Darrell S

ERROR
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 61455

Post by ERROR »

I went with AP as well. Should arrive just arround Christmastime.

I will be watching for your build with great interest. Go get 'em!
TK-61455 reporting for duty!

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 51114

Post by Chills »

So, I just joined up and am doing a lot of reading, trying to decipher this new language. lol

May I ask why you decided to go with the AP armor? Also, what options did you choose and what was the final cost?

Like you and your hubby probably did, I'm trying to weigh my options for time, cost, work involved, and what the best fit will be for my body type.

scout.trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 87589

Post by scout.trooper »

Hello and welcome! You're in Naperville? I'm right around there too! Let me know if you need any supplies (I've got some extra clips, snaps, and fabric) :wink:
knowik wrote:I found this company on whitearmor.net, can I assume that what I will be getting will be acceptable to join the Midwest Garrison? After all, that is the whole point! :)
Even tho I'm a TB and we have a different forum from the TKs, don't assume that the armor (or other pieces for sale) is legion approved. Even with the stuff we TBs get, certain mods are required to get approved. Do your homework and don't be afraid to ask questions! See you out there, trooper! :D

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

scout.trooper wrote:Hello and welcome! You're in Naperville? I'm right around there too! Let me know if you need any supplies (I've got some extra clips, snaps, and fabric) :wink:
Cool, where about are you?

Thanks! I'll likely take you up on that offer, or at least to get some advice on modifying the armor for Legion approval.

scout.trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by scout.trooper »

I'm a bit south of Naperville but not too far away. Can def help with mods... I'm always in the area because I keep going downtown to David's Tea and the Running Co!

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

Nice stores. I get all my running shoes at NRC. They don't sell TK boots by any chance do they? lol

scout.trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by scout.trooper »

Not ideal for running, would be my guess!