Moderator: Garrison Officers

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1951

12-2-14 - Lurie Children's Hospital

Post by Schph Gochi »

We do a lot of events here at the MWG...a LOT.
Each event we do is very special but yet sometimes one comes along that really tears at the heart and reminds us what is best about doing what it is we do.

For the last several years, the MWG has become a "live auction" item at the Max Lacewell Foundation Gala held in November. In November of 2013, the winner of the auction was Joe Kettner from cancerkissmycoolie.org. Joe placed the winning bid of $750.00 for a visit from the Midwest Garrison. Generally, the winner of the auction has us come to a private birthday party at some point after the Gala. Joe Kettner had a different kind of party in mind. Joe's party was to be held at Lurie Children's Hospital in downtown Chicago.

The date was set as Tuesday, Dec 2, 2014. I took the role as EvCo because the original EvCo was unable to take off work. I was concerned that I would not be able to get many participants on a Tuesday morning, but I need not have worried as the Midwest Garrison came through. Members re-arranged their schedules, took some time off work and gathered at Lurie for a very special 2 hours of visits with some of the bravest children and parents you are likely to meet.

We were joined by professional photographer Mike Smith from Photo Service International. Mike has what he calls "give back Tuesday" and donated his time and services for this visit.

My thanks to our participants:

Aaron Brigman - SL2875
Brian Troyan - TK8968
Eric Werner - TK41551
Kathy VanBeuningen - TS9989
Ted Ruler - TI36285
Phyllis S - IG1951 - Jedi - Droid Wrangler
Artoo - Droid

Unless you live under a rock...you have already seen this photo...but it is really the essence of the day...

So many great kids....

Mike Smith's Photos can be found here:

http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/Midwe ... t=2&page=1

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Re: 12-2-14 - Lurie Children's Hospital

Post by TI4438 »

Well done! :thumbs:

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator