My ESB Boba Fett....So Far

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 52610

My ESB Boba Fett....So Far

Post by MusicalJedi »

Hello,

Started piecing together some items for a ESB Boba Fett early in 2012, and due to life getting in the way, have been unable to dedicate a lot of time to it until recently. Here are some pics of where I am at thus far.

I still have some items to pick-up...most notably a flight suit and girth belt. Boots should be delivered any day now. Armor is FettPride's most recent version. Jetpack is MoW. Helmet is a MR. Gloves, jetpack harness, gauntlets are MoW and I don't have any pics of those yet.

And a pic of my license plate on my Jetta.

Not sure on when I'll have the rest together to send off for entry to the 501st, but hopefully sometime this summer. I'm a teacher and am hoping to finish this up this summer.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Sorry for the bad iPhone pics.

Take care,

Chris

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Re: My ESB Boba Fett....So Far

Post by jweger77 »

Chris! Welcome...looks like you have made some great progress so far! We're always happy to welcome another Fett into the fold. We definitely have several members who are well-versed in the ESB Fett armor here and I know they'd be delighted to assist you.

Well, that also answers another SW related license plate I've seen at some point. Where's home at for you?

Welcome, and have fun!

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Thanks! Yeah, I'm having a blast working in the garage on this; my almost 3 year old son is digging it too!

I live in Oswego, which is west of Naperville/Aurora, but get around to all the local cons, toy shows, etc. Have seen quite a few SW themed plates in the area; just parked next to a van at Best Buy with a Wampa sticker on the side. :P

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7345

Post by woulf »

Nice to see you still working away :thumbs: nice to have another trooper in the neighborhood :mrgreen:
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

woulf wrote:Nice to see you still working away :thumbs: nice to have another trooper in the neighborhood :mrgreen:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm still chugging along. Worked on the back,kidney, and cod armor this afternoon a bit. Hoping to get to the jetpack harness this week as well.

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

Very nice!

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

BLUERAM wrote:Very nice!
Thanks! Hoping to show some more progress later this week. Have some weathering to do to the back,cod,kidney armor and the boots should be arriving any day now as well.

Also, does anyone know if for legion entry as a ESB Boba if blasters are required? On the main 501st site, I've looked at the requirements for ROTJ Boba, but the ESB doesn't have anything listed.

I will likely get the rifle and sidearm soon, but those will be my last items due to cost.

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

If I recall correctly all guns are optional since some areas don't allow guns of any sort. I have done a few events in Fett without my blaster and felt lost. I also don't have the sidearm in my suit but I always have my eye out for a good deal on one. As for the main blaster I made my own from a dollar store toy 44mag pistol, some 1 1/2" PVC(barrel) , a sink drain pipe(muzzle) , a 2"x6"x14"(stock) , a scrap piece of 3/8" plywood(D-handle) a few resin detail peices, a lot of bond and time. Spent about $35, I have plans on making another one using aluminum barrel, muzzle, and D-handle .

teach42
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9526

Post by teach42 »

Wow, that's looking sharp. Can't wait ot see it all come together!

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

BLUERAM wrote:If I recall correctly all guns are optional since some areas don't allow guns of any sort. I have done a few events in Fett without my blaster and felt lost. I also don't have the sidearm in my suit but I always have my eye out for a good deal on one. As for the main blaster I made my own from a dollar store toy 44mag pistol, some 1 1/2" PVC(barrel) , a sink drain pipe(muzzle) , a 2"x6"x14"(stock) , a scrap piece of 3/8" plywood(D-handle) a few resin detail peices, a lot of bond and time. Spent about $35, I have plans on making another one using aluminum barrel, muzzle, and D-handle .
I've seen some awesome builds like that, so thanks for the tip! The thing about the sidearm is the holster costs as much or more than the pistol. Such is life I guess....the boots and gloves alone are far more than any shoes or gloves I'd wear regularly, but I'm loving the way things are coming together. I watched "Star Warriors" again the other day and am really looking forward to joining the 501st and MWG!

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

teach42 wrote:Wow, that's looking sharp. Can't wait ot see it all come together!
Thanks a lot! You and me both :)

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Here are some pics of the gauntlets and knee armor. Still have to get the hose and attach it to the one and add the red and white cables that go at the end of the flamethrower on the gauntlets. Once I get a jumpsuit, I'll probably add some velcro or snaps to the knees to keep them in place. Right now there is some elastic on the back just for accuracy.

Sorry about the awful pictures with the iPhone.

SHEEPDOG54
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 265

Post by SHEEPDOG54 »

Welcome to the Garrison! Your only about 15 minutes from me and probably in Luis's (TK 604) back yard since he lives in Oswego and myself in Jolfield! (So far west in Joliet that I'm in Kendall County and have a Plainfield postal code!)

Tormental
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12155

Post by Tormental »

Nice. I started my Boba build this year. I'll probably be harassing you soon on how you put it together.

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

TK265 wrote:Welcome to the Garrison! Your only about 15 minutes from me and probably in Luis's (TK 604) back yard since he lives in Oswego and myself in Jolfield! (So far west in Joliet that I'm in Kendall County and have a Plainfield postal code!)
Great to see so many members and SW enthusiasts in the area. At the elementary school I teach at, I am definitely known as the big SW geek since my music room has a ton of toys,posters,convention pics, etc.

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Tormental wrote:Nice. I started my Boba build this year. I'll probably be harassing you soon on how you put it together.
For sure....it's taken me way longer than it needed to, but we moved last summer and have been busy ever since getting situated. I was originally going to do an animated style Captain Rex. Did the helmet and decided to switch to Boba. I've long been a huge Fett fan, so it was an easy decision.

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Small update. Went to pick-up my harness from the tailor. Just needed the nylon straps sewed on to the MoW harness. Needless to say they can't find it, so I left empty-handed. :evil: Fingers crossed they call back later today after talking to their seamstress and can find it and get the work done. Pretty annoyed as they've had it since last Saturday and not only isn't the job complete but they can't find the item.

Took the day off work today and going to use some time to get some weathering done on my armor while I wait for the harness. Was hoping to get the jetpack attached, but soon enough I guess.

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Small Update...Ordered a sidearm holster and I think I have a source for a girth belt. Going to wait until schools out in June to order my jumpsuit and should have just about everything together. Getting excited! Watched "Star Warriors" again on the blu-ray yesterday!

Tormental
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12155

Post by Tormental »

I'm having my stuff done by Bobamaker. Should have all the pieces by October. Then comes the fun part of assembling. I might go with the bolt system for the chest armor. Still trying to figure how to connect the wookie braids, knee pads, butt and cod, cape and so on. I'm on the dented helmet everyday. Plus the weathering of my boots. Just hope I can have it all together by Halloween. Boba Fett has always been my favorite. I even got the bantha skull tattooed on my arm.

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Bobamaker stuff is fantastic from what I hear and well worth the wait. I did use the bolt method for the chest, collar attachment. I used thin cardboard from the bottom of 24-packs of bottled water to trace templates for positioning and based everything off that. I then used superglue at first to glue the bolts, just in case I needed to adjust. Once set, I JB Welded the bolts to the back of the armor. I bought a grommet tool and grommets off Amazon to put grommets in the vest. It was time consuming but relatively easy.

As for the knees, I'm thinking velcro or snaps, but won't be that far along until I get my flightsuit. I used bolts for the shoulders, and will be attaching the cape to the collar/back armor using aluminum collar studs that should be getting to me soon. Not sure on the cod/kidney attachment. I ordered aluminum studs for those too, but may use velcro/snaps.

Best of luck on your build!