Greetings from chicago!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Jeditastic
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Greetings from chicago!

Post by Jeditastic »

Hey guys I'm from Chicago I've been into star wars since I was 9 and I found this site to expand my knowledge :D anyways anyone got any advIce on starting my first costume? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Re: Greetings from chicago!

Post by Fleetfang »

Morning Jeditastic! And welcome to the MWG forums!
If you haven't read it already, there's a post stuck to the top of our Welcome Mat entitled "Incoming Transmission for Potential Legion Members!" That post should serve you well as a basic orientation guide for getting started. It answers a few basic questions you might have (like" Why can't I find a straight answer about where to buy costume parts online?") But it also asks the all-important question of what costume you want to build and join the Legion with!
Looking over your options, weighing the pros and cons, and deciding which direction to go is really going to be your first step in building a costume and becoming a member. If you want to ask any questions about the different costumes, this is a great place to do that. But ultimately, you should build the costume that you really want to wear!
What's your favorite bad guy character in Star Wars? :D
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

Jeditastic
Imperial Recruit

Post by Jeditastic »

Fleetfang wrote:Morning Jeditastic! And welcome to the MWG forums!
If you haven't read it already, there's a post stuck to the top of our Welcome Mat entitled "Incoming Transmission for Potential Legion Members!" That post should serve you well as a basic orientation guide for getting started. It answers a few basic questions you might have (like" Why can't I find a straight answer about where to buy costume parts online?") But it also asks the all-important question of what costume you want to build and join the Legion with!
Looking over your options, weighing the pros and cons, and deciding which direction to go is really going to be your first step in building a costume and becoming a member. If you want to ask any questions about the different costumes, this is a great place to do that. But ultimately, you should build the costume that you really want to wear!
What's your favorite bad guy character in Star Wars? :D

To be hOnest I read the post an it confused me :( lol my favorite character is commander Cody.

SL9965
Garrison Web Liaison
Garrison Web Liaison
501st Legion ID: 9965

Post by SL9965 »

Since you like Cody, check out clonetroopers.net. There is plenty of information there.
Chip Childress
TK/DS 9965
MWG Trooper of the Year 2011

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Post by jweger77 »

Jeditastic wrote:Hey guys I'm from Chicago I've been into star wars since I was 9 and I found this site to expand my knowledge :D anyways anyone got any advIce on starting my first costume? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome! So glad that you've landed here. We have some fantastic clones here of all types! Hopefully you're not overwhelmed by the number of diff clone looks.

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

Jeditastic wrote:To be hOnest I read the post an it confused me :( lol my favorite character is commander Cody.
Really? Oh MAN. I'm sorry! Is there anything that I can help clarify for you? What kind of questions do you have? Fire away. :)
Chip is right - if you want to build Commander Cody, head to clonetroopers.net, the Clone Trooper Detachment group of the 501st Legion.
We've also got a number of clones here in the Midwest Garrison who can likely lend a hand or specific advicewhen you sit down to start your build. :thumbsup:
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 118

Post by TK118 »

As stated above.. your best bet is to check out the clontroopers forums..... read up and then talk to local members here who have clone costumes.... members will be able tohelp as they have done it already.

Feel free to contact me . Always willing to help.