Moderator: Garrison Officers

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7242

Twilight Comic's Free Comic Book Day

Post by Marvinrobot »

On Saturday morning, Clone Trooper Denal, RC-Boss and a stormtrooper invaded Twilights comics as part of FCB. Our appearance not only supported FCB but also Reading is Fundamental (RIF). The store owner very generously set up a Raffle and Silent Auction and was donating the proceeds to RIF. We also had a collection jar. I will post the final tally tomorrow night. There were probably 300 folks come through during our 4 hour troop. We posed for tons of pictures and made roughly 8 recruitment pitches to some seriously interested folks. WE were also unexpectedly joined by a Mando Merc. He was a really nice guy and was just happy to troop. The RC was portrayed by Rick (RC-2537) from the 70th Explorers. The TK was portrayed by Rick's Friend Josh (non-501st borrowed my TK). The Mando was portrayed by Arron. Here are some pics from the event:

The Event Raised $230 dollars
This kid looked like a young Boba...weird!

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Marvinrobot »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the kids called me Capt Rex quite a bit...I kept having to tell them "he's my Boss"

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Post by iam8114 »

Marvinrobot wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the kids called me Capt Rex quite a bit...I kept having to tell them "he's my Boss"
No Boss is the RC in those pictures... :P
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Post by River »

Marvinrobot wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the kids called me Capt Rex quite a bit...I kept having to tell them "he's my Boss"
LOL well the paint scheme is REAL close there XO!:)

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

lol, pretty cool. I wish I would of come!
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Hey, is there any plans to do this event there again next year? I'm looking for a set date to have my Joker done. :wink: (Or at least the Police Car Escape version. :lol: )
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Marvinrobot »

Jodo wrote:Hey, is there any plans to do this event there again next year? I'm looking for a set date to have my Joker done. :wink: (Or at least the Police Car Escape version. :lol: )
Definitely!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Awsome! All else fails, I'll bring my nurse or Bank Heist costume. :lol: