greetings from tatooine( if iraq is considerd close enough)

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

o331marine
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 4982

greetings from tatooine( if iraq is considerd close enough)

Post by o331marine »

greetings from the sand box. im new to all of this and it was suggested that i start here and get a good basis and feel for everything. anywho my name is kyle dorethy and currently im a pfc in the marine corps. and am fowardly deployed in support of operation iraqi freedom for the second time. but enough about that i hail from peoria illinois and am new to the trooper buisness. but im an avid fan being i have an imp tat on my back stating or more or less branding me a stormtrooper for life. but i have a great love of troopers and didnt know i could do something like this untill i quite litterally stumboled upon in reasearch i was doing on a charicter im reading about in the correlian trilogy. anway im an avid reader and movie watcher. i love history and avidly reenact ww2. but anyway thats just a little about me. anyway any help would be greatly apreciated to start me off cuz this got my attention and i want to start and know how i can become part of vaders fist and more or less this midwest garrison because in august i will be home out of the marine corps and in need of something to take me to a galaxy far far away.

Targ
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 3853

New Peorian!

Post by Targ »

Keep Your Head Down Marine! When you get home you'll find quite a few of us in the area. If you are on leave in July, we'll be at the Air Show on the 11th & 12th. We have Pilots and Troopers and Sith Oh My! We'll be here to help you get to the Darkside.
Served the Empire as Jolly Roger Squadron Detachment Leader 2005-2013
Now serves as Mentor,
and Shadow Commander.

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7242

Post by Marvinrobot »

kyle,

Welcome aboard...I too am a service member. I actually joined the Legion while I was stationed in Italy through the Italian Garrison and when I transferred to Scott AFB, I transferred to the MWG. I want you to know that I am always thinking of my Brothers in arms who are holding the line while I am assigned to support the fight in the rear. Keep safe, keep focused on your mission and get home. Let me know when you are back in town and we will make sure to welcome you into the fold. Troop on!

Dirty Scout
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1692

Post by Dirty Scout »

Welcome from Peoria! Thank you for your service.

Any questions feel free to PM me. I'm part of the trooper buddy program and I can help you get things started when you are ready.

Thanx and God Bless You,

Kent
Kent Heath
MWG Garrison Guard
MWG Charity Rep

"Go mbeidh an forsa leat"- May the Force Be With You.

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

GREAT to hear from you my friend . I also am a "Trooper" here in the peoria area with the 501st . Thanks for serving , and we will GLADLY help you get started in your quest as far as Star Wars Trooper building goes .
Till then , keep safe brother . 8)

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 118

Post by TK118 »

Great to hear from you.. and THANK YOU! You guys do not hear that enough and I want you to know that there are those that DO SUPPORT the REAL TROOPS like yourself.

Hope we get to meet you when you come home and maybe we can get you headed in the right direction to join us :)

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9989

Post by TKvanB »

:welcome: Kyle!

Thank you and Godsspeed back to the states so you can start your journey to the Dark Side! :D
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

greetings

Post by River »

Welcome Aboard Trooper,

Glad to hear from a soldier in the front lines. Like the others said, keep your heads down and your spirits up. Stay safe my friend, and when you come back i'll make sure we've got 3 or 6 cold ones with your name on it! till then stay in touch and let us know what we can do to offer you help on your armor or just mutual support while you're serving!

*salute*
River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

o331marine
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by o331marine »

well honestly fellas...... i have no idea where to start and even how to begin. and every and i mean everyone thank you so much for your support. and those 3 to 6 cold ones. look forward to it. but ladies and gents i have no idea and honestly saying im kinds up the river without a paddle here lol. hopefully its not the illinois river cuz i could just get out and walk to shore lol. but i need to feel the power of the dark side so please fellow troops, help me on this journy.

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7242

Post by Marvinrobot »

o331mrine wrote:well honestly fellas...... i have no idea where to start and even how to begin. and every and i mean everyone thank you so much for your support. and those 3 to 6 cold ones. look forward to it. but ladies and gents i have no idea and honestly saying im kinds up the river without a paddle here lol. hopefully its not the illinois river cuz i could just get out and walk to shore lol. but i need to feel the power of the dark side so please fellow troops, help me on this journy.
Well first what is your character? You mentioned a stormtrooper...so is that what you like? Let us know what characters interest you and then we can point you to the appropriate costume detachment and begin your journey by researching the costumes.

o331marine
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by o331marine »

pretty much what i like is what i do as a marine and thats infantry,and my specialy there is machine guns. i figured a stormy would be the closest thing to that to corolate my lost of squad based tatics and fire and maneuver. the next would prolly be a pilot. but mostly i love being infantry to much. but id have to say its stomy or scout cuz there both infantry based. if thats any help

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Then i would think you will be looking at the Typical [and MUCH needed ] TK /Stormtrooper armor . This is the easiest to get into i think as a first time costume [as far as ease of build goes ] . And availabilty of kits .
a lot of members are doing Clone Troopers now as well . But i think you will find that Build is a lot more complex for a first time costume . But I'll let the actual Troopers in Armor guide you along the path .
And i am certain they will be able to get you started via the Private Message system here . 8)

o331marine
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by o331marine »

funny thing was if i had the suplies or whatnot id would most certainly build or atleast attempt to start the build out here cuz frankly i have time and boredom and it would deffinately help me ease my mind of the stresses of the day.

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

o331mrine wrote:funny thing was if i had the suplies or whatnot id would most certainly build or atleast attempt to start the build out here cuz frankly i have time and boredom and it would deffinately help me ease my mind of the stresses of the day.

You make a fine point . Do you have anyone back home here that could mail you parts and such ???? And , do you have adequate space there to secure them away ?? As TK armor can take up some room . But i can see where this WOULD make your "Off duty hours " go by a lot faster.....AND FUNNER ! :P

o331marine
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by o331marine »

i do have my parents but if i asked em to get me those kind of things they would prolly get very confussed and lost in the sauce of things.my parents already think im weird for being a "krout". and it would be hard to get them to help in that matter. to answer that question. as for others i do have the time and space.

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

Glad you made it to the board, Kyle :thumbsup:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Hey, I like your avatar! :P Welcome aboard! :)
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

o331marine
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by o331marine »

thanks every for be a gracious host and so welcoming. btw im already tired of the sand. we just had our like 10th sand storm already and i coulnt see more than about 30 feet and it was orange everywhere. but anyway my thanks to you all for you support and being so welcoming.
MWG comic relief

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Was just talking to a kid at the barber shop yesterday that JUST got out of the army after 2 tours in Iraq ! And i immediately thought of you Bro .
And we've yet to meet . Go Figure . :lol: :lol:

TK257
501st Member
501st Member

Post by TK257 »

already tired of the sand
So, does that mean you won't be attempting to build a Sandtrooper? Goin' clean maybe? Whatever costume you decide on, there's lots of help to be had around here.

Anyway...welcome.

"To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
-- Elbert Hubbard