Hello from Indiana

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Death Star Engineer
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 10449

Hello from Indiana

Post by Death Star Engineer »

Hello, my name is Derek and I have recently moved into the North West corner of Indiana. I have been a 501st member since Dec of 2020. I started out with the Florida Garrison as part of Squad 7 in the Jacksonville area. I am now a member of the Northern Darkness Garrison but since I am close to the Chicago area and suburbs I thought it would be a good idea to join the forums here also.
I retired from active duty in the Navy after 26 years in July of 2022. My wife has joined me on my 501st journey as well as a handler, which I think makes trooping more fun.
The only question I have so far is how to see the upcoming events. I can't seem to find it on the forums page. It may be an access thing that I haven't requested yet.
I look forward to meeting everyone in the Garrison and trooping with you all.

Reason:

Rex Fett
Garrison CO
Garrison CO
501st Legion ID: 3499

Re: Hello from Indiana

Post by Rex Fett »

Derek, thank you for reaching and THANK YOU for your service. Welcome to our side of the pond and looking forward to trooping with you. You are more than welcome to sign up for any events you'll like. We're a BIG family.

Reason:
Yesterday I did nothing and today I'm finishing what I started yesterday.

oldsfan442
Imperial Recruit

Re: Hello from Indiana

Post by oldsfan442 »

Hey Derek. It was nice to meet you at the South Bend Children's Hospital event. Wish I could have gone out to eat after the troop but it was a late night and a work day. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Reason: