Retired member from Champiagn-Urbana trying to rejoin

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TK7537
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl

Retired member from Champiagn-Urbana trying to rejoin

Post by TK7537 »

Hello,

I was once a 501st member and would like to rejoin or at least hang out. I originally joined a long, LONG time ago, in 2003 (15 years??!!) with the Ohio garrison since I lived in Dayton at the time. The next year, I moved overseas for 2 yeears and settled in Champaign-Urbana when I returned in 2006. I came to a couple events with the Midwest garrison but never got to troop mainly because I discovered at age 30 your metabolism slows down and you gain a lot of weight so I was too fat for my armor. At the time, I thought, "No prob, I'll just use this as motivation, lose weight and get back into my armor rather than modding it.' Also, I had kids coupled with a general decline in my fandom. Now my oldest is a star wars fanatic and I would like to get back into it as well. Now at 42, I've learned that fat never comes off so am now going to get my armor to fit my now permanent shape. I have two kids, a house, and a job that never quits, so I am not going to be able to come to a lot of events but will try my best. I am planning on going to see the SOLO May 26 at a drive-in in Gibson city (yes these still exists), hopefully in armor for the first time in 10 years and would like to see if anyone else is interested.

Edit: Now reading thru, looks like Disney has a lot of rules about what events we can and can't do. Anyway, I have yet to talk to the owner, I tried email but got no response so will try by phone. I would bet that they would love to have us come, it's a relaxed atmosphere for movies and is my favorite theaters as it is the most family friendly theater around. So any advice? Would I be breaking the rules if I show up in costume? Regardless, if I can't go in costume, I will still be there on Saturday 5/26 night and invite any others who want to come. You can buy tickets in advance which I highly recommend. Will have a cooler/grill plus a fold up pic nic table. The drive in is called harvest moon and here is their website http://www.harvestmoondrivein.com Hope to see you around. p.s. that weekend is a double feature with infinity war.

TK-7537 (retired)
James D.

p.s. I didn't get to do much with the Midwest garrison in the short time I was involved but the main thing I remember was driving to Peoria to help cut and glue various strips of grey vinyl onto a giant infaltable ball to make a death star for events. I was very proud to have helped attach the focusing lens. Good times.

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Re: Retired member from Champiagn-Urbana trying to rejoin

Post by River »

Welcome back trooper,

Actually there are a few events that troopers are attending Solo. Not exactly sure who you can reach out to, i'll shoot a PM to one of our admins to get you access to the forums though.

It's good to have you come back in our ranks.

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

emmzone22
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 21470

Post by emmzone22 »

Welcome back! I live about an hour and a half away in Shelbyville. Hopefully I'll see you soon!
Chris Stewart

Image Image

TK7537
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by TK7537 »

Thanks river, I remember you! You're from Argentina or something? Anyway I am probably going to stick with the drive-in, bucket or not, as it's my only option if I want to see it with my kids. They just aren't ready for an adult theater yet. If anyone wants to join up, they are welcome to.

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Post by River »

TK7537 wrote:Thanks river, I remember you! You're from Argentina or something? Anyway I am probably going to stick with the drive-in, bucket or not, as it's my only option if I want to see it with my kids. They just aren't ready for an adult theater yet. If anyone wants to join up, they are welcome to.

LOL thank you, yes my mother was from there, one of the reasons I picked Rex, the colors are the same as her country's flag.

I'll get you up and running.

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

TK7537
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by TK7537 »

emmzone22 wrote:Welcome back! I live about an hour and a half away in Shelbyville. Hopefully I'll see you soon!
Thanks man! I don't believe I've ever been to shelbyville although have spent a lot of time in the surrounding area.

Dirty Scout
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1692

Post by Dirty Scout »

Welcome back, yeah those were fun times playing with the Death Star in Peoria. You have a great group of Troopers in the Champaign/Decatur/Springfield/Shelbyville area (Dylan Van Horn, Sean Crockett, Jim Marriott, Rick Devine, Chip Childress, Tom Durbin, Tom Little, Ryan Summers, Chris Stewart and more just to mention a few.)

Our XO (Executive Officer) Brad Hartsock is from Peoria. So reach feel free to reach out to these guys and if you need help readjusting your TK armor-these folks will help you.

I've moved to the South burbs of Chicago so I am no longer living in the Peoria area.

Chat with ya later,

Kent
Kent Heath
MWG Garrison Guard
MWG Charity Rep

"Go mbeidh an forsa leat"- May the Force Be With You.

TK7537
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by TK7537 »

Dirty Scout wrote:Welcome back, yeah those were fun times playing with the Death Star in Peoria. You have a great group of Troopers in the Champaign/Decatur/Springfield/Shelbyville area (Dylan Van Horn, Sean Crockett, Jim Marriott, Rick Devine, Chip Childress, Tom Durbin, Tom Little, Ryan Summers, Chris Stewart and more just to mention a few.)

Our XO (Executive Officer) Brad Hartsock is from Peoria. So reach feel free to reach out to these guys and if you need help readjusting your TK armor-these folks will help you.

I've moved to the South burbs of Chicago so I am no longer living in the Peoria area.

Chat with ya later,

Kent
Hi Kent,

I remember the name Chip. I think he used to troop as Vader? I never got to see the complete death star, hopefully will catch it at one of these events.

I talked to the owner of the drive in and he said it would be fine. I will post the event in event announcement channel.

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

Hey James, I'll send you an email so we can discuss how to go about your re-activation.

Welcome back.
We need no longer fear the banana.