Hello from Peoria!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Daius52
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello from Peoria!

Post by Daius52 »

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Adam and I live in the Peoria area, I'm currently in the early stages of building A New hope Stormtrooper build.

I saw a group of the 501st guys at a Force Awakens screening in December of last year, and had no idea that this group existed until then! After doing some digging on the internet I found out that one of the main goals of the group is community involvement, hospital visits, fundraiser attendance and things of that nature which is really neat. Over the past 5 or 6 years I have been involved in various charity/community projects, mainly organizing sponsored hiking/running/cycling events with proceeds going to local groups. This before I moved to the area from overseas and I've not really had the time/opportunity to get involved in similar endeavors since then.

I’m a Star Wars/sci-fi nerd and I always enjoy having a DIY/construction project on the go, so this seems like the perfect blend of two of my hobbies, as well as really cool way of contributing to some great local causes! I've already got my E-11 and helmet finished and now about to start getting stuck into the armor build, with the long term aim of getting 501st approval and joining you guys for some trooping! Looking forward to talking with everyone (and no doubt asking for some tips and advice) over the next months/years!

Cheers!
Adam

Rex Fett
Garrison CO
Garrison CO
501st Legion ID: 3499

Re: Hello from Peoria!

Post by Rex Fett »

Hello Adam and welcome to the group.
Yesterday I did nothing and today I'm finishing what I started yesterday.

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

Welcome Adam!
We need no longer fear the banana.

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

Welcome from one of the troopers that was at the theater
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

emmzone22
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 21470

Post by emmzone22 »

Welcome, Adam! Like you, I'd never heard of the 501st either until my encounter with them also at a The Force Awakens showing, but it was in Ft. Wayne, IN for me. I have a classic TK myself and am going to be working on a FOTK real soon.
Chris Stewart

Image Image