Hello Everyone!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Krugor
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello Everyone!

Post by Krugor »

My real name is Don and I live in the Chicago burbs.

I have met many 501s over the years (most recently at Jody's Galaxy comic book show in Joliet. I was the guy with the Dr. Strange collection on display), but have never applied for membership. I decided to start a Kir Kanos outfit over the winter for next year's C2E2. I figured if I were going through the time and effort that I would use it as my first costume to apply to the 501st. I have also created an account on the Sovereign Protectors site (still waiting to be activated). I have spent the past two weeks skimming over the various 501 sites reading up on the organization.

I currently am in the sketching phase and selecting paint colors and cloth swatches for the build. I am going a different route than most have taken for Imperial Guardsmen. Instead of casting the chest armor as a single vacuum formed piece, each segment of the ab plates, etc. will be separate pieces to give it more of a realistic look. The pistol belt and pouches along with a few other pieces will be make of red leather instead of plastic vacuum form to give it a more realistic look. If everything is made from red plastic the whole outfit will look like a six foot tall plastic action figure.

Anyhoo, I look forward to talking with everyone over the next couple of months. I will post pics as the build progresses.

Don

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Avatar190 »

Welcome to the forums, Don! Kir Kanos looks like it would be a fun costume to wear, hope we can help you with your journey into your build. ;)
We need no longer fear the banana.

Toddahhhh
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 60151

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Toddahhhh »

Welcome Don!
Todd Roesner
ANH TK
Imperial Staff Officer I
Tie Reserve Pilot