Hello! From Tana - Mara Jade applicant

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

tank_tanakaro
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 82625

Hello! From Tana - Mara Jade applicant

Post by tank_tanakaro »

Hi there! My name is Tana, but most friends call me 'Tank' as a nickname (I like tank girl a lot) - About me: I run a small circus company in Chicago, IL called AI Circus, and I personally perform Trapeze and Foot Juggling.
Almost a year ago I decided I wanted to make the leap into official 501st, and my favorite character is Mara Jade, so I'm starting with that! I've got most of the costume completed, and am down to a few last things...
I have the cowl, gloves, saber, goggles, suspenders, and belts, with some extras (for fun) like her DL-44 blaster and her Holdout Blaster with Back Holster - plus some extra extras that I know aren't 501st, but wanted anyway, like some removable belt pouches. :)

The elements I am missing are her shin guards and knee pads, and I'm in the process of making the official bodysuit.

I've been trying to find out if anyone makes, or knows of a maker, that can do vacuum formed mara jade shin guards/knee pads in plastic (pvc?) - I can finish them from raw, but I'm missing the facilities to make the basic armor! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here is a pic of me in the costume thus far. I'm really excited to see her completed!

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Hello! From Tana - Mara Jade applicant

Post by Avatar190 »

Hey Tank,

Welcome to the forums! We've got you in Maz's already, you'll find you'll get quicker responses in that location than the forums (these tend to be used more for event registrations now). But glad you are now registered...and the Mara looks great. I know WTF is supposed to be making those shin guards someday down the road. Pedro Rosado is holding the interest list there...
We need no longer fear the banana.