Illinois kids Galactic Academy school

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Bossky Royale
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 4690

Illinois kids Galactic Academy school

Post by Bossky Royale »

Greetings Midwest Garrison! My name is Kristy Anderson, Star Garrison North Texas #4690. I'm posting on your forum on behalf of the kid's SW group, The Galactic Academy, as the interim-Academy Commanding Officer/current Executive Officer http://www.galactic-academy.net/. Albin Johnson started The Galactic Academy back in 2010 as the kid's chapter to the 501st Legion.

MWG Leaders: please feel free to move or remove my post as appropriate to your forum rules, and please accept my apology if I'm breaching any Garrison-specific decorum.

However... I wanted to reach out to your MWG membership as the previous head of your local Academy chapter, The Galactic Academy Death Star School of Illinois USA resigned back in April 2016 and Death Star has been without a leader since. I wanted to see if anyone here had any interest, or knew someone who might want to take over as the new School Principal. https://www.facebook.com/DeathStarSchool

The Galactic Academy Death Star School of Illinois USA has 54 actively registered Cadets and is one of our larger Schools. Currently, The Galactic Academy has almost 3,000 Cadets ages 0-17 worldwide, representing 154 unique SW costumes from 23 Campuses (countries) and 21 Schools (states, provinces), and our website is translated into 6 languages. The GA has been put on LFL's open-invite list and we have been granted a booth at SWC. We're waiting to hear about a possible panel selection and we're working with a few celebrities for some MAW cadet inductions on-site.

The Galactic Academy requires our volunteers MUST BE:
• eighteen (18) years of age or older,
• the parent/legal guardian of a current Cadet or current Alumni member,
• free from disclosed or undisclosed criminal history for any behaviors thought by society to be violent, illegal, or anti-social in nature,
• members of either one (1) or more of the following Star Wars costuming organizations as an Active Member in good standing with:
- The 50st Legion
- The Rebel Legion
- Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
- The Dark Empire
- Droid Builders
- Other known Star Wars costuming or fan-based organizations.
o (Local exceptions MAY be made by the ACO on a case-by-case basis.)

Since the Galactic Academy is an all volunteer organization involving children and we do not require or have the funding necessary to conduct paid background checks, nor do we have the worldwide ability to communicate with each locality’s law enforcement, we rely on the word of your peers within the Star Wars costuming community. All volunteers SHALL BE vetted by Academy Staff, to include:
• verification of their membership status through communication with their local Star Wars adult costuming organizations,
• online background searches for criminal activity or excessive civil litigation,
• and the reviewing of applicable social media accounts for antisocial or inappropriately biased or intolerant postings.

The Galactic Academy requires a minimum of two (2) positive endorsements of recommendation from a randomized selection of local peer members in that volunteer candidate’s adult Star Wars costuming organization or fan club.

If you or someone you know may be interested in stepping up to help manage The Galactic Academy Death Star School of Illinois USA, please feel free to reach out to us at volunteers@galactic-academy.net.

Many thanks for allowing me to register & post on your forums!

In service to the Academy,
Kristy

interim-Academy Commanding Officer (ACO) | Academy Executive Officer (AXO)
The Galactic Academy
http://www.galactic-academy.net | axo@galactic-academy.net
https://www.facebook.com/galacticacademy/
"Judge us by our size do not!"

Rex Fett
Garrison CO
Garrison CO
501st Legion ID: 3499

Re: Illinois kids Galactic Academy school

Post by Rex Fett »

I got this one Rick & Beens. :drunk:
Yesterday I did nothing and today I'm finishing what I started yesterday.

Ellowick
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 42681

Re: Illinois kids Galactic Academy school

Post by Ellowick »

HI Kristy,

I have sent you an email!