Joining and requiremwnts

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Sdc75
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 42975

Joining and requiremwnts

Post by Sdc75 »

Hello to all the fans of star wars and to this great group of people
Have been working on a TIE pilot uniform and have got it nearly complete and trying to find out how i can join and start trooping and bringing smiles to some fans of the star wars universe and smiles to the kids who need em

Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Joining and requiremwnts

Post by Avatar190 »

Welcome to Midwest Garrison, SDC75! Two questions out of the gate: Where are you located? And, building a TIE costume, have you also registered at the Jolly Roger Squadron (www.jrs501st.com), which is the detachment that governs the TIE costumes?

You should be able to get a TIE costume up and running fairly quickly, especially if you go the Reserve Pilot route, which you are assembling the other parts.
We need no longer fear the banana.

Sdc75
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 42975

Post by Sdc75 »

Sorry bout the intro. My name is Sean Crockett from Decatur and have been an avid Star Wars fan for years.
I work in a foundry so my days off are pretty up on the air some times. Im 41 years old and heard about the 501st from a friend of mine whose chold was in the hospital and was inspired and wanted to be a part of tthis organization.
The TIE costum acrually is pretty much done i just got to add a couple things to the helmet such as the discs on the sides of it and to paint the comm badge
As in joing the Jolly Rodger I have tried but come up on aa road block when it asks if you are human as that section is currwntly down or was the last time i checked

501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

Hi Sean, and again welcome.

You're not the only person who's experienced issues with the bot check. Last time I was told about it, I loaded up the site incognito (so it wouldn't auto-log me in). I loaded up the registration process. The bot check should only be a pull-down menu, which you select "Yes". There also is the input line of what year Star Wars was released (answer, of course, "1977"). I did just check again, and I am seeing all of it loaded, but I don't want to register another time, so I can't officially complete it.

Is it hanging up after submitting those?