Greetings from the NW Side of Chicago

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

pwlewis2791
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 45554

Greetings from the NW Side of Chicago

Post by pwlewis2791 »

Hello to all Midwest Garrison members of the 501st!

I am brand new to the whole concept of building armor, and yet I'm not, so let me explain.

First of all, just nickname me sucker because I dropped a lot of coin with Star Fortress because I failed to research them before purchasing an ARC trooper set of armor. The result was a very late delivery of some pretty poorly constructed pieces of armor. Despite my attempts to modify, adjust, and improve the pieces I believe it is a lost cause and completely incapable of trooping. The helmet may prove salvageable. To atone for this attempt at a shortcut, I am purchasing a Clone 6 kit of clone trooper armor from DW Designs so I can build a proper kit.

On the other hand, you could also nickname me lucky because while I was growing impatient with Star Fortress I chanced into buying a 501st approved Republic Commando kit built by Gatz of the 501st Clone Detachment. This set is awesome, from the helmet to the boots, however it was built for a much slimmer clone than me. I am in the process of obtaining the 4 pieces of armor for the torso and chest from the Polymer Armory to build the pieces that fit me to complete the RC set.

Since I am new to all of this, am not very artsy or crafty, and live in a condo with no room for equipment I am going to need some (a lot) of help. What can I do to help put together or help sponsor an armor building party to put me, and other new guys, on the right path towards joining the 501st?

Thanks in advance fellow enthusiasts!

Peter Lewis

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Greetings from the NW Side of Chicago

Post by Avatar190 »

Welcome to MWG, Peter!

Maybe you can re-purpose that SF kit into a Zombie Trooper, or something of the sort. ;)
We need no longer fear the banana.

pwlewis2791
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 45554

Re: Greetings from the NW Side of Chicago

Post by pwlewis2791 »

That's a really great idea! I'll have to look into that once I get my other kits underway. Thanks!