New beginner in Orland Park

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

milani01
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

New beginner in Orland Park

Post by milani01 »

Good evening! I have recently been investigating how to build stormtrooper armor and came across the 501st and the FISD. I am currently researching my options, and heard that joining this board might help me get involved in local meetups, armor building sessions, etc. Thanks for approving my registration, and look forward to talking with you all!

Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: New beginner in Orland Park

Post by Avatar190 »

Welcome Michael! And sounds like you're off to a good start in the correct locations. We can all help you on your journey into the 501st. :)
We need no longer fear the banana.

milani01
Imperial Recruit

Post by milani01 »

Thanks for the welcome! I also connected with you(Mike) via FB. I have been researching quietly for the past few weeks. For halloween, I have a cheapie stormtrooper that I am wearing to get through the party (my wife is going as Slave Leia), but I did not buy the Rubies Supreme or deluxe. However, I am definitely getting hooked on the accurate armor. Looks like a lot of fun. I have been using the attached links (image) for my research, and I feel that I have learned so much. But with each thread I read, I realize how much information there inside the pages of this forum! If you can think of anything else that I should look at to get started, let me know!

501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

Looks like you are definitely in the right direction.

FYI, I bought the hovi-tip speakers and amp from HyTechToys and was not pleased. I did not want the voice changer (because I wanted iComm), so I did not buy their complete setup, and it doesn't work. Their amp will only function with their voice changer, so my speakers are largely useless. I am going to try the Ukswrath setup next, from FISD.

Another boot vendor to add to your list is Imperial Boots.

Sarge
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6074

Post by Sarge »

Welcome aboard.

Smuah Gunnery
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 80870

Post by Smuah Gunnery »

Greetings!
Commence Primary Ignition

riverstormtrooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 71709

Post by riverstormtrooper »

yep better to go with the better makers of TK's like AP,AM, anovos etc. Its more important to know which to avoid is for sure, read reviews and ask who mad your TK? Mine is AP and Ive been very happy with it, its shinier then some other makers out there. I got my Hovi tips from England cant remember the name. It takes time and money but is well worth it for the fun and enjoyment of trooping. From the first time a kid comes up to you and wants a picture to adults acting like a kid and wanting a picture ha ha

good luck :thumbs:
Dustin Ebers
FISD TK 71709

I love wearing my bucket, it keeps the gray hairs hidden!