Trooping question

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

IMakeTwins
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Trooping question

Post by IMakeTwins »

I was wondering what percentage of trooping is community based? I'm interested in doing things like visiting hospitals and doing stuff for kids I was just wondering how often we do that

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Trooping question

Post by Avatar190 »

That is the bulk of our "work", Ross. Be it trooping at our local Cancer walks, or visiting the kids at about five different hospitals in Chicagoland and Peorialand, or even doing birthday party appearances for donations towards local charities...most of the stuff we do is community based. There are a few larger events we also attend, like various Star Wars Nights at sporting events, but those also benefit local charities. Even the parades we attend usually benefit some form of charity with our appearance. Probably the only troops we do which don't necessarily benefit a charity is when we do a Comic Con...but those serve as self promotion, to get our name our there, recruit more members...all so we can do more troops to benefit our local charities.
:thumbs:
We need no longer fear the banana.