Hello from Geneva

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

IMakeTwins
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello from Geneva

Post by IMakeTwins »

Thanks for adding me, I'll be applying to the 501st soon As a TK. Have seen you guys in the Swedish days parade here in Geneva a few times and most recently at an event for the local NICU. I have out of state friends in the 501st and was very impressed at the NICU event. Now I'm just trying to find the right TK kit to get me started, not asking for secrets I'll figure it out. Hope to join soon

Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Hello from Geneva

Post by Avatar190 »

Welcome Ross! If TK is your desired entry into the 501st, make sure you also register at the FISD (whitearmor.net), which is the detachment in charge of Stormtroopers. You'll find a tremendous amount of information on kits, where to get, and how to build.

Are you on Facebook, btw?
We need no longer fear the banana.

IMakeTwins
Imperial Recruit

Post by IMakeTwins »

I am on FB I've joined some costume sell/buy pages I'm just not sure yet how to weed out the good stuff from the bad yet. How much should I expect to pay for the kit and the bucket? Also yes I registered with FISD I'm just waiting for the email, I just did it when they asked for the garrison I wasn't sure what to put so I just put Midwest. Felt shifty since I'm not part of the garrison yet

dravin
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 24543

Post by dravin »

Hello, it really depends on what kit you go for. A kit from ATA will run you about $550 for both the armor and helmet. Obviously you are going to have to spend more to obtain your boots, gloves, blaster, holster, etc etc but his basic kit is something like $550-600. Anovos I think has the basic kit going for $450 right now for basic armor and helmet as well. There are other makers with more "screen accurate" kits that can be closer to $800-$1000 it just really depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. FISD really is the best place to go for research and questions regarding all things TK. Welcome aboard it all can bit overwhelming at first, it was for all of us, just be sure you do your research and don't be afraid to ask questions here or on the FISD. :thumbs:

501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

IMakeTwins wrote:t when they asked for the garrison I wasn't sure what to put so I just put Midwest. Felt shifty since I'm not part of the garrison yet
No, it's all good. That question is more for what Garrison your affiliation will be, just as much as currently is. ;)
We need no longer fear the banana.