Greetings from Colona!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Brian L.
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl

Greetings from Colona!

Post by Brian L. »

Hi everyone! My name is Brian and I live in Colona, a small town in the Quad Cities area. I was 14 when the original trilogy started, and and then experienced it over again with my kids when the prequels came out. Around that time my wife saw a cheap Darth Vader costume on a clearance table, and my costuming began. Our neighborhood gets around 400-500 kids each Halloween, so we started dressing up to hand out candy. Over the years I kept upgrading the costume, culminating in the purchase of the Rubies Supreme Darth Vader (another surprise from my wife) a few years ago. We're now known in the neighborhood as the "Star Wars" house. It could be because of the Darth Vader mailbox, the Tie Fighter hanging from the tree, or the 8 Star Wars-costumed people we now have on Halloween.

I've known about the 501st for several years, but hadn't taken that "next step" until just recently. I purchased a Stormtrooper kit (not sure if it is okay to say the name here??) and just started cutting out the pieces a few days ago. I have a long ways to go and have been on the whitearmor.net website frequently, as well as a FB building group that I've found to be extremely helpful. Every day members of the FB group are reporting membership in the 501st! I'm looking forward to interacting with members of the Midwest Garrison and participate in some of the activities. Hopefully there are others in this part of the state!

Looking forward to getting involved soon!!

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Greetings from Colona!

Post by Avatar190 »

Welcome Brian!
We need no longer fear the banana.

Amarok
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 10126

Post by Amarok »

Welcome trooper! Get fitted for your armor and report for duty. :thumbs:

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

Welcome
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

riverstormtrooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 71709

Post by riverstormtrooper »

Brian L. wrote:Hi everyone! My name is Brian and I live in Colona, a small town in the Quad Cities area. I was 14 when the original trilogy started, and and then experienced it over again with my kids when the prequels came out. Around that time my wife saw a cheap Darth Vader costume on a clearance table, and my costuming began. Our neighborhood gets around 400-500 kids each Halloween, so we started dressing up to hand out candy. Over the years I kept upgrading the costume, culminating in the purchase of the Rubies Supreme Darth Vader (another surprise from my wife) a few years ago. We're now known in the neighborhood as the "Star Wars" house. It could be because of the Darth Vader mailbox, the Tie Fighter hanging from the tree, or the 8 Star Wars-costumed people we now have on Halloween.

I've known about the 501st for several years, but hadn't taken that "next step" until just recently. I purchased a Stormtrooper kit (not sure if it is okay to say the name here??) and just started cutting out the pieces a few days ago. I have a long ways to go and have been on the whitearmor.net website frequently, as well as a FB building group that I've found to be extremely helpful. Every day members of the FB group are reporting membership in the 501st! I'm looking forward to interacting with members of the Midwest Garrison and participate in some of the activities. Hopefully there are others in this part of the state!

Looking forward to getting involved soon!!

Where did you get the TK from? Lots of patience to build and lots of fun and understand mistakes will be made but with E6000 or zap a gap can fix it!
Dustin Ebers
FISD TK 71709

I love wearing my bucket, it keeps the gray hairs hidden!

Brian L.
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Brian L. »

I got my kit from Anovos. Every day several people from the Facebook group are admitted into the 501st from their builds, so hoping to get to that point sooner rather than later!

Dirty Scout
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1692

Post by Dirty Scout »

Brian,

How is your Anovos build progressing? I used to live in the Quad Cities. There are two brothers that live in East Moline, IL that are awesome prop builders and I know Steve was working on his Anovos kit. PM me and I'll send you the info for contacting them.

Kent
Kent Heath
MWG Garrison Guard
MWG Charity Rep

"Go mbeidh an forsa leat"- May the Force Be With You.