Hello from a lifelong Star Wars fan

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

blinkz0rz
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello from a lifelong Star Wars fan

Post by blinkz0rz »

Hello Midwest,

I'm Jarrod and I just recently got a set of Stormtrooper armor, which initiated my work on joining the 501st. I never was able to apply and now I just got the armor to get onto it. I am from Marseilles and work in Plainfield. My coworker also has friend that he tells me about being Darth Maul and is just that big of a Star Wars fan that is in the 501st. (I know his name, but I won't call him out here unless allowed to.)

Long story short about the armor, my cousin bought it 10 years ago. He ordered it not knowing it had to be fully assembled and just let it sit untrimmed still in the box. He did go all out on the purchase as in getting all of the available Sandtrooper pauldrons and even a Master Replica E-11 rifle. It took a few years, but I finally convince him to sell it so I could get my armor going.

So, this is my first time every assembling a full suit of armor, and after doing some research I believe it is the AP kind. Pics will be below.

By having the Sandtrooper options, I would join the MEPD but I do not want to put weathering on my first initial suit. I just want a clean Stormtrooper look that I can wear wherever, which leaves the MEPD on hold. But couldn't I wear the pauldron for the added effect outside the Sandtrooper look? I know in other movies from ANH that some of the troops have a pauldron to signify rank.

I will have to get another pair of boots, as he wore a 12 and I wear 10.5, so they are too big for my feet and I hate putting paper in front of toes. That will be a project for later after I finish assembling it. It also has a scanner that he painted from an old hand held game for which troops used in the movies.

My biggest concern is how to trim the armor and build it. Being my first time I am a little nervous about all that.

Amarok
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 10126

Re: Hello from a lifelong Star Wars fan

Post by Amarok »

Welcome :D

Drk_Trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12079

Post by Drk_Trooper »

Welcome!!

Smuah Gunnery
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 80870

Post by Smuah Gunnery »

Salutations!
Commence Primary Ignition

TS826
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 826

Post by TS826 »

A little late, but welcome blinkz0rz.

Posting the photos is a great first step.
It gives the rest of us an idea of where you are in the project.

I'm guessing you have already started on the build and any uncertainties you may have had are disappearing.
Many of the cut lines are already molded into the rough pieces. Just remember: "Pencil mark - Sand - Test fit -Repeat".
Start with having too much material and slowly work it down until you have a fit you are happy with.

My very first suggestion would be to swap out the Newton amplifier with a smaller one. One that can be hidden behind an armor piece. In the last year or so there has been a general shift to using Aker amps (You can find them on the bay for a decent price).

You can use the pauldron with a clean trooper. This configuration is called the Heavy Weapons Trooper (HWT).
* But it does require a backpack and shoulder pouches to be "officially" listed as such.

If you do not have said items, and would still like to wear the pauldron to events... just for the sake of fun, I'm sure no one here would object. You would then list yourself as a standard Stormtrooper and use the pauldron unofficially.