New recruit from Peoria- tie fighter interest

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

DarkFist
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 74126

New recruit from Peoria- tie fighter interest

Post by DarkFist »

Hi troopers! I am George and a resident of pPeoria for the last 10 years. I have come across a number of garrison members at various events and decided to get more involved. Besides just beinga a fan, I am interested in charity work at hospitals and such. I have a 9 yr old son and we own various toy grade helmets, but I want to graduate to a high quality 501 standard costume. I have a 1997 original DP standard tie fighter helmet (not the Rubies) which I am considering upgrading ( sanding, painting, greeblies, new lenses, fans, voice amp etc) and could use some advise. I would be willing to leave the "historical" DP alone if I could find another decent helmet to upgrade. I also need help with other parts of the costume. I also have a basic Han Solo outfit that could use some work, but right now this one is secondary. I guess at some point I would like a trooper costume but I guess.....one custume at a time!! I would appreciate a nudge in the right direction. I have done plenty of research on the web. But rather than buy junk , I rather do it correctly the first time. Help would be appreciated.!!

Drk_Trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12079

Re: New recruit from Peoria- tie fighter interest

Post by Drk_Trooper »

Hi George,

I'm Pete and a cadet mentor of the Jolly Roger Squadron. If working on your TIE is what your interested in, head on over to the JRS boards, http://www.jrs501st.com/forums/index.php, and introduce yourself. They will pair you up with a mentor in your area, it most likely be Targ or myself. The easier way would be to work on your Reserve Pilot as it is a base for many other uniforms in the Empire (crewman, Gunner, TIE). Feel free to hit me up with questions if you need to, I would be glad to help as much as I can.

Pete (Drktrooper on JRS board)

DarkFist
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarkFist »

Thanks!! I signed up last night and left an intro message. I am ok working on the reserve pilot but do not know exactly what to get and where. I can buy stuff on my own but do not want to risk it not being accepted. I understand the need to protect the resources so whenever you think I am ready just let me know.

Drk_Trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Drk_Trooper »

I'll jump over to the JRS board and see if we can speed up the process...lol

DarkFist
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarkFist »

Ok. Got to JRS and was able to see some of the uniform links. Ordered boots from TOTLs and wil likely order jumpsuit, gloves, belt from ww. I decided to overhaul my original 1997 DP rather than buy from Anovo. Wish me luck! Researching chest plates and chest box.

Drk_Trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Drk_Trooper »

Sounds like you are well on your way. Once I am given the go ahead on being your mentor, I can give you other contacts for the reserve and eventually the full kit. I will message command again and see what I can do. :D

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

Sounds like you're on the right track. And welcome from a Washington Tie Pilot
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

SL1950
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1950

Post by SL1950 »

Welcome pilot!