new person from charleston IL

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

shaman
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

new person from charleston IL

Post by shaman »

i made an intro not to long ago but apparently it didnt show because i forgot to add something so if it shows up please either delete this one or the first one thanks. just in case it dont show i will add the same intro info from the first. hi im new to the star wars costume design but not new to costume making. i live in chaleston IL and i have a few questions
1. i read that the suits are hot in summer are they also cold during the winter or is there enough layers to keep someone warm?
2. does it matter what style things like neck seals and gloves if you going for basic because my local stores are having sales on items and i saw a tut of a neck seal that had the bib and i liked the design and would using bleach on the boots work if they have color?
3. is there a local garrison around my area?

i heard about the legion from an article about them helping a little girl who was being bullied for loving star wars and ever since i have thought about joining and assisting with a few local charities here and there. i also would love to help kids who were like the girl and was being bullied because i know whats that like since i was bullied for taking pride in the fact that i am an Native American/American Indian whatever is the politically correct term for many years and still to this day not as often but often enough still am bullied by people. i am going into lake land collage for game design as my main career and a program maker dont know the technical name. uh lets see um i guess thats it if there is more im glad to answer any and all questions to my abilities uh i guess thats it im never really good with these intro's never know what to say :blink: :unsure:
may the wolves calm your spirit.

Sakic Jade
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 52809

Re: new person from charleston IL

Post by Sakic Jade »

Welcome to the boards.

To answer your first two questions, we would need to know what costume you are looking into building. It seems like you are describing a stormtrooper, is that a correct assumption?

As for local Garrison, the Midwest Garrison covers the entire state of Illinois. We have troopers across the whole state, from Rockford down to the St Louis area.

Welcome to the boards!
"The choices of one shape the futures of all."

shaman
Imperial Recruit

Post by shaman »

yea sorry for not giving that bit i was relearning pre alg and alg havent used that math for years but its worth relearning to pass some what of an entrance test to collage . yes i am making a storm trooper armor. i saw the chart for basic to advance i wasnt to sure if i bought or made some of it if i would have to make the other items transfer over to the second tier. the budget i have at the moment is enough for basic stormtrooper outfit. i wish to get my list of easy materials out of the way while all of the sales are going on. i am really considering buying an AP kit but if unforeseen events occur like car repair i also decided to go with ATA for a back up. again sorry for not adding storm trooper this is the part where my ADD gets bad

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting more new members! We will do our best to help you on your journey.

Huntzman
Imperial Recruit

Post by Huntzman »

Welcome to the boards from a fellow newbie ! :cheers:

shaman
Imperial Recruit

Post by shaman »

i also look forward to meeting a few people on the trooping events and stuff. my aunt and grandfather think its neat that there is a group like the legion out there in the world. i think my grandfather was shocked more than my aunt because he is a die hard star wars fan and a real big fan of the x wing series. he asked me why dont i do any of the good guys. i told him im on the short side for most of the hero's and rebels being 5 foot 7 in and a little skinny for others due to the constant weight flux depending on how active i am

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 51114

Post by Chills »

Welcome from another newbie.

Good luck on your TK build. That's what I'm going to build, as well. I just ordered TM armor.

Would you be coming up here to do some trooping with us?

SL9965
Garrison Web Liaison
Garrison Web Liaison
501st Legion ID: 9965

Post by SL9965 »

Welcome!

We have a good amount of events in east central Illinois. Just watch the boards for events in places like Champaign, Bloomington, Peoria, etc.
Chip Childress
TK/DS 9965
MWG Trooper of the Year 2011

shaman
Imperial Recruit

Post by shaman »

to answer chill question yes when i get a chance after building the whole costume. im buying and making the cheap stuff first and then buying the armor. the armor is a little on the high side and im not all that good with making molds other wise i would just make the armor myself lol being a senior citizens lawn care guy sucks in winter when most of the yards are nothing more than mud with a few stalks of grass. so depending on when i get the cash for the kit is when ill be trooping and when i can find time from my collage work. i didnt make the spring deadline oh well there is always fall term. the only things on the buy list for the vetted vendors is armor, belt and shoes and of course the compression pants and shirt. im thinking of making the gloves and neck seal. wish me luck on the compass exams.

BlackSun51
Garrison Webmaster
Garrison Webmaster
501st Legion ID: 41551

Post by BlackSun51 »

Welcome! Hope to see you out trooping sooner than later!

-Eric

:bucketsoff:
-Eric Werner

Duty. Honor. Empire.

shaman
Imperial Recruit

Post by shaman »

you and me both black sun. now back to the wonderful world of re learning math and hoping that i can achieve my dream career or careers depending on what the job market will look like in a few years :blink: forgot to add im saving for the affordable trooper armor for now eventually ill get the authentic props one. speaking of ATA does it fit my measurements of 5 foot 7 inch and a ever changing weight of a skinny tooth pick man and a waist of 33. thanks in advance i kinda forgot what some of the people said about ATA.