new milwaukee member here....

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

par0thead151
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

new milwaukee member here....

Post by par0thead151 »

got my NE armor last fall, and have made some progress on it. glued the shin armor, rough trimmed almost everything else, but a terrified of making the final cuts, as im worried i will cut it too far and ruin the part. also some of the parts do not line up, they have much overlap. is this normal?
does one just trim it back to flush?

looking to start trooping, and my goal is to have it all done or mostly done by halloween so i can entertain the dozen or so neighbor kids with my ooh so cool armor.

Coin
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12108

Re: new milwaukee member here....

Post by Coin »

cant answer any questions about how to put armor together as Im soft parts :P

but

Milwaukee's Discovery World Museum Star Wars Event is this weekend (Saturday to be precise) the best and brightest of Wisconsin builders will all be there.

I HIGHLY recomend getting a hold of them and joining them at this troop, or just go. get over to the Wisconsin Garrisons facebook page if you arent on their board and ask.
DZ-12108
Kim Worley

par0thead151
Imperial Recruit

Post by par0thead151 »

thanks for the heads up on discovery world.
i will be going for sure. i missed the last 2 troops that worked with my schedule as i forgot about one, and the other i ended up getting roped into helping someone move instead. i will be there saturday!

scout.trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 87589

Post by scout.trooper »

Hey there! I think your feeling is completely normal. When I was working on my scout armor, I was terrified about cutting into the plastic (worried about cracking it). When you spend a lot of money on something like that, you don't want to break it! My advice would be to just mark everything out, measure it, correct your marks, measure one last time, then go for it. I had to take a significant amount off the top of my shoulder rests because of so much overlap, which made the rest of the chest piece not sit right. In the end, I was very happy with the way everything fit.
BTW, if not familiar with NE... what costume are you trying to get approved for?

par0thead151
Imperial Recruit

Post by par0thead151 »

im going for ANH build