Hello from Chicago!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

jeebee25
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello from Chicago!

Post by jeebee25 »

My name is Alan and I live near Lane Tech. I am freelance graphic designer and have been in theater since I was a kid. I have done props and set fabrication for a while (although my set building skills are a bit rusty.) My wife works with blind veterans at the Hines VA. We have two daughters. I do a bit of improv here in the city. Mostly teaching and directing these days. I also am a member of the Windy City Ghostbusters.

I know a few members of the Garrison here and have been thinking of becoming a Storm Trooper. It will take me a while as I tend to do a lot of research before jumping in.

I greatly admire all of the hard work and dedication you all put into this hobby and think you are AWESOME!

-Alan

jeebee25
Imperial Recruit

Re: Hello from Chicago!

Post by jeebee25 »

After reading a bit I see some other newbies like me posting the props they have build. (I didn't want to assume that I could...) About three years ago a few of my friends and I decided to be Ghostbusters for Halloween. In that time our gear has grown and been upgraded to it's current form. I made my current pack from a Pep file that used to be available (but is no longer) it was a heck of a learning experience!

Which is now this -

And all my gear -

I also built a full Coca-Cola Santa Clause suit. just started working on a real leather belt for that.

:blah: :blah: :blah: so that's some of the stuff I have made. Been reading and reading on this forum. It's a bit overwhelming! But I think I am coming up with a plan...

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7345

Post by woulf »

Welcome to the boards! your GB looks great :thumbs: There's tons of info here, and also every costume branch has a specific detachment site. They can all be found here:

http://www.501st.com/members/displayUni ... etachments

And of course we have have serveral skilled Stormtrooper builders here, but their specific site is here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

I would recommend joining their boards, or any youre interested in, and get to know them. There's a wealth of knowledge and build threads going on there.

Good luck, and again, welcome.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

jeebee25
Imperial Recruit

Post by jeebee25 »

Thank you! I joined the Imperial Officer Corps board. I think I will start with that build and move up to a TK build. I have a lot of friends in the 501st and they have been nice enough to listen to my noobish questions (Yes, I'm part noob. On my mothers side.)

Coin
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12108

Post by Coin »

No question is ever to noobish! And we LOVE pictures!
DZ-12108
Kim Worley

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

Hey GB! Welcome to the Dark Side!
We've got a fair number of officers and crewmen running around the Midwest's Death Star, so feel free to reach out if you want a second opinion on anything you've read over on the IOC!

:bucketsoff:
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

Atrek
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 82659

Post by Atrek »

Hello, if you have any Crewman questions feel free to ask or message me, I live over in the Lincoln Park area. I do know that if you decide to do something with German Jackboots (TIE/Reserve Pilot, Crewman, Gunner) I can point you to a place not far from your location. :wink:
IC-82659
Reserve Pilot (TI)/Imperial Bridge Crewman (IC)