Newbie from Pekin

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Rozasaurus Wrex
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Newbie from Pekin

Post by Rozasaurus Wrex »

Hi there!

I'm Roz and I had the pleasure of interacting with several of you over the weekend at the Marigold Festival. After the festival, my 6-year old son asked me if he and I could 'be Star Wars people, too' and we started researching, which landed us here and at the Galactic Academy. I've had a life-long love of the Saga and have done my best to pass that love onto my kids, so costume-building seems to be the next logical step. I have been involved in theatre for a large part of my life, which tends to catch people by surprise as I'm painfully awkward and introverted, but I'm counting on this experience to help not only with the costuming, but also with characterization (I also have a tendency to over-think and over-complicate things).

When I started researching, I had big dreams of creating the perfect Ailyn Vel costumes, but, after learning how difficult it can be to get a new character into the Legion, I have decided that playing it safe with an IC/TK *then* working on Ailyn is probably a better way to go.

Here's the point where that awkwardness kicks in and I get tired of talking about myself. I'm looking forward to completing my first costume to be accepted into the Legion so I can start Trooping, and starting the challenging process that I'm sure Ailyn Vel will be.

Coin
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12108

Re: Newbie from Pekin

Post by Coin »

Welcome! I'm sure you got a lot of tips already but the best I was given was join a detachment to ask for the help specific to your costume choice and read all the info you can get your hands on, there are one great people here.
DZ-12108
Kim Worley

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

welcome from Washington. My son is a Jawa in the Academy & I have an I/C as well.
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

Atrek
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 82659

Post by Atrek »

Hey, I saw your post here and on the IOC boards, I am working on finishing my IC build. Boots are probably the hardest thing to get as I am finding out the hard way.

Just a suggestion here, but register to the Jolly Roger Squadron board as well, I have found items on the IOC and JRS boards and both communities are really helpful (so is everyone here!) for IC/RP builds.
link to Jolly Roger: http://www.jrs501st.com/forums/index.php
IC-82659
Reserve Pilot (TI)/Imperial Bridge Crewman (IC)

Boushh823
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 82371

Post by Boushh823 »

Welcome! Always nice to have interest in what we do. Everyone here is very helpful so don't be shy to ask for help if you need it.
Shannon Buetsch
BH-82371
Boushh823

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7345

Post by woulf »

Welcome! as has been stated, ask away with any questions. good luck on the beginning of you and your child's journey. :thumbs:
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

Welcome from Pekin! Nice to see a influx of local prospects. I have a weekly armor party at my place on Thursdays, you are welcome to come out and see some of our costumes and get first hand advice on where to start.